Asus P4S800 shut off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Asus P4S800 motherboard with an Intel 3.0. Last night my computer just shut straight off like the CPU was too hot. I checked and that is what I was getting. It would go on and off, then power button wouldn't work and what not. Now, I start my computer and it says the system hung due to incorrect CPU speed though the speed is correct. The computer won't even make it to Windows now and I can't figure out what the problem is. Any ideas?

Hello and welcome to techspot, Kirmie!

Your computer is hot, you should get a better heatsink or did you plug the heatsink fan in?

Recheck or Reset the bios to "Fail-safe setting"

Lucan

Agreeing with bushwacker, make sure your heatsink/fan combo is (1) properly attached and (2) working. Once it is, boot into the bios and let us know what kind of temperatures you're getting. If you're running so hot that the computer is shutting down, don't mess around in Windows until you get the heatsink/fan working. Otherwise, you could damage or destroy your processor.

Well, I'm pretty sure it was the heat so I am getting a new fan/heatsink soon. Couple things were kind of throwing me off at first and its working ok at the moment since it got colder where I live. Also, my computer was shutting off and still running the fan at about 140 degrees F so it shouldn't have any lasting effects. Running at a nice and cool 88 degrees right now and thanks for the help!

Kirmie said:
Well, I'm pretty sure it was the heat so I am getting a new fan/heatsink soon. Couple things were kind of throwing me off at first and its working ok at the moment since it got colder where I live. Also, my computer was shutting off and still running the fan at about 140 degrees F so it shouldn't have any lasting effects. Running at a nice and cool 88 degrees right now and thanks for the help!
Hi Kirmie install your pc probe and keep an eye on your MB cpu temps,If you have fans u can also keep an eye on these as well chassis fan and power fan are also monitored if your 3 pin fans are plugged into your MB,On this board you should have two 3 pin plugs,take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back