Asus P5LD2 Deluxe mobo won't post or bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built a custom PC and have a problem. I have an Asus P5LD2 Deluxe-Wifi mobo, and when I tried to book all of the fans come on, but no Boot or POST. I had a Thermaltake Pure power 600 watt PSU and at first I thought it was the problem, so I bought a new one. It now does the same thing, as before. I tested the power supply and now it shows all of the voltages as working, except the 5v?

I read a similar post and someone said it may be the BIOS revision will not detect the Core 2 Duo processor I have. Is this true? Please help..

Specs:
Asus P5LD2 Deluxe-Wifi
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13 GHz
Corsair (2 GB DDR 2) RAM
Asus EAX5150 Video Card
Samung DVD-RW
Card Reader
Western Digital 80 GB hdd
Zalaman Cooler

no.. I tried it first with the thermaltale and it wouldn't work so I purchased a new one as I thought it was the Power Supply that was bad. When I installed the new one it did the same thing. And now when I test the two power supplies, they fail, and there is no 5v power from them?? Please help..

If the mobo doesn't recognize my core 2 duo, would it mess the power supply up?

Andrew

NO!!!! There are 2 (two) power connnections on modern boards - do you have a connection to both?

Oh.. Yes..

I tried it first with the 24 pin and the 4 pin and it wouldn't work so on my new power supply it had the 24 Pin and the 8 pin power connector, but it didn't work either.

Any other help.....please..

The way I read the instructions re the 8 pin socket, you can hook either a 4 pin atx or an 8 pin eps (removing the cap) supply but must have one or the other.

The Asus EZ Plug appears to be additional power if you are running dual video cards.

So, those are the connections you MUST have versus the additional connector EZ Plug.

I have tried both the 8 pin and the 4 pin as well as the EZ plug. I am quite sure that this is an issue with the BIOS. I swapped my core 2 duo with a P4 chip and the PC went through the POST and I could get into the BIOS. I read that if you could do this then you should try to flash to the latest BIOS version, which I did. I re-installed the Core 2 duo chip and it DID NOT work.

Someone please help....

Custom building steps

You can't complete a custom PC if you can't get to the bios and set it
to match your components.
The cpu clock speed being the most important.
Have a good read of the manual or contact asus.
I don't usually reply to posts about new warranted hardware.
Maybe your not ready yet to do this.My first was done free where i
bought ALL my components.
But you have to set the bios options.

All that comes to mind is that the Core 2 Duo is maybe 64 bit and your bios is still supporting 32 bit - dunno.

I'm 99% sure that the Asus P5LD2-Deluxe does not support Core 2 Duo processors...

Look at Asus's Supported CPUs list for the P5LD2 Deluxe here:
http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5LD2 Deluxe

It does not list a Core 2 Duo as a supported product, not even with the latest BIOS version.

It supports a P4, which is why it booted right up when you put in the P4.

My suggestion would be to get a new motherboard that supports the Core 2 Duo, and try to avoid mistakes like these in the future.

Hello, everyone.. Boy do I feel stupid. I won the P5LD2 on ebay at a low price. Somehow I thought it said Core 2 Duo and it actually said Dual COre...>DUH.. Well I ordered a new ASUS P5W board and hopefully I will be up and running...

I do have another question for you all. I am looking to run two video cards which are SAPPHIRE 194L Radeon X1650 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 . Theysupport crossfire and so does the board so I should be good. The only thing is I have never set up dual video cards before. I have been reading a bunch of articles on how to do the crossfire, but I want to know the best way. SHould I get a DVI Y cable or something else? Please help..

Ripley802

How to solve Crossfire question

Buy a packaged Motherboard with a Manual and cd.
It will have diagrams showing you how to insert 2 cards.
It's not a Forum question.
Get the installation guide when you buy a Crossfire motherboard.
No book,get a pdf.I got a X1650 to read before i made my decision to buy.
I would need a new motherboard,but i plan to just disable Crossfire,
and use 1 x1650 AGP.My asus P5S800-VM will do for now.

zipperman said:
Buy a packaged Motherboard with a Manual and cd.
It will have diagrams showing you how to insert 2 cards.
It's not a Forum question.
Get the installation guide when you buy a Crossfire motherboard.
No book,get a pdf.I got a X1650 to read before i made my decision to buy.
I would need a new motherboard,but i plan to just disable Crossfire,
and use 1 x1650 AGP.My asus P5S800-VM will do for now.

The motherboard is a brand new P5W DH Deluxe from Newegg. The two card are also going to be brand ne from Newegg, and all will have cd's and manuals. I just need to know if I should buy a crossfire bridge or the DVI "Y" cable to hook the two video cards together. The two video cards don't have the crossfire connectors on the top like some of them do, so that is why I was thinking to use the DVI Y cable..

One of the 'best' ways to find things out about hardware is to read reviews from sites like NewEgg posted by actual (usually) users.

Those cards, for instance, although cheap, don't work that well for everyone amd the sioftware is reported as being resource hungry and they run HOT.

Take your time, read and compare then buy what you can afford and live with it.

:)

hmmmm...

Still doesn't answer my question.. What would I need to run crossfire with that setup? Anything? Or can it be done with just the video cards and motherboard?

Use a DVI-D with HDCP if the cards and LCD monitor have them (they should).
Isn't this why your upgradeing to a Wide Screen LCD Monitor ?
The latest video technology.
My new DVI-D 22 inch is great with 1 ATI Radeon 9600 X1050 AGP.at 1680 x 1050,32 bit.
Start with 1 card and disable Cross Fire.You don't have to use it.
Thats my plan for my new ATI X1650 card soon.
I don't have a Cross Fire motherboard.

The computer I am building is to sell on eBay, so I want to make it more marketable with crossfire. I need something to connect the cards..either a DVI Y cable or some type of bridge??

Well then read the motherboard manual.It shows you how.
Or the mbd website explains a crossfire boards accesories.
You can't expect an answer from the average user.
It might be a long wait for someone with exactly what your doing to reply.
Get this info from the people who make the products you need.

that would be great, but contacting ASUS Tech support or Customer service is like pulling teeth.. I think I am just gonna go with a single SAPPHIRE 100200L Radeon X1950GT 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 card... It looks to be a better card and is going to be cheaper in the long run.. let me knon what you guys think..

ripley802

Another issue with the Asus mobo

I finally got it to boot and installed windows. I rebooted it and tried to enter the BIOS, but it hangs at the POST?? Any ideas?

I looked up the manual at the Asus website and you need an external "Y" cable. You also need the Crossfire Edition Master card and a matching "slave" card. I'm guessing the cable should come with the Master card.

The manual has nice color illustrations. You can't miss them.

Yeah.. I have decided to go with a single X1950 DDR3 series card.. Also I have fixed the boot issue.. I took out the CMOS battery for about an hour, put it back in, and I am up and running.

I installed the windows XP PRO x64 edition and now am wondering if I need a different driver for the video card? It seems to stall while I am trying to install the driver for my ASUS EAX1550 card. Any ideas....

Which version of the driver are you using? Ordinarily you will want to download and install the latest driver. You can download one from the ATI/AMD website or you can use Asus' version from their site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back