Asus p5vdc-mx beeping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Ive installed a new asus p5vcd-mx motherboard with pentium 4 dual core 5.6ghz processor and just 1gb ddr ram and the moment. but when i turn on the computer i get blank screen and 1 beep and about 1 second later 2 more beeps.

According to some websites this means there is a problem with the graphics adapter. so i removed the card and used on board graphics...same problems...then i tried with several other graphcis cards.. same problem.

also tried changing ram speeds etc etc.
please help.

is the motherboard bust? ive given it into a shop now...seems like hes not to sure too.:s

any ideas?

also the cpu fan and power supply fan are running fine.

rik said:
Did you make sure the pc had no power connected when you did it??

yup completely disconnected. although i wasnt wearing anti static wrist wrap. i heard touching pins on plug once does the same job. could it be static problem? i was very carefull not to touch pins though.

Static electricity tends to cause problems down the line rather than immediately so i doubt it was the cause!!!

Can you please list all the specs of your pc including the make and wattage of your psu and i will see if i can help further!!!:)

The only thing i can suggest is that you get in contact with the seller and inform him that the pc doesn't work and see if you can get it replaced or get your money back!!!!

rik said:
The only thing i can suggest is that you get in contact with the seller and inform him that the pc doesn't work and see if you can get it replaced or get your money back!!!!

is there really no other way?? sending something back on ebay is a mission.

If it wont even work with the built in graphics then something is seriously wrong im afraid!!!!

No problem!!!:)

I would have preferred to have helped you to get it working but i really don't think its possible unfortunately!!!!

get a pic of the inside of the case and i have the same pc as u and i have a different problem and my pc keeps restarting and my pc games keep shutting down and i might know why and check all your cables are in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back