Asus ROG Swift PG32UCDM Review: 32-inch 240Hz 4K QD-OLED is Here!

Is this virtually the same as the MSI MAG 321UPX? Because that one seems cheaper, and I'm seriously considering it...

Black & white specs on paper is one thing, cosy image quality is another. I use a 43" 4k TV as monitor now but I miss my old 30" I had around year 2011.

"For ports, there's a decent selection, including one DisplayPort 1.4 with DSC, two HDMI 2.1 48 Gbps ports with DSC. Both DisplayPort and HDMI support running the monitor at its maximum 240Hz refresh rate without compromise, and with the inclusion of multiple USB ports, a KVM switch is also provided."

Your review has contradictory statements. If it's got DSC, it's not without compromise. Why haven't you tested it's effects from around 144hz and up where it should start kicking in. What's the effect on image quality with DSC from 144hz to 240hz? There is only one monitor that has DP2.1, that's the Gigabyte FO32U2P. All the rest have to rely on DSC so it's important to know how this effects image quality. Are you planning on adding this to the review or commenting on it?

Great article, I agree with the conclusion. This is definitely not an end game monitor.
If possible can you please review the Gigabyte Aurus dp2.1 version when it drops. I would love to see objective data that supports the anecdotal talking points that there is no significant image quality loss with DSC @ dp 1.4 standard. Even if the image quality has a placebo affect of superior quality. What will be a more accurate marketing dp2.1 is superior future proof standard or dsc via dp 1.4 lossless image quality had no significant image loss? 🤔
I could forsee the when vendors support dp2.1 they marketing will change form lossless dsc to superior image quality standards. Would be great if we get ahead of the curve before Blackwell drops.

Great article, I agree with the conclusion. This is definitely not an end game monitor.
If possible can you please review the Gigabyte Aurus dp2.1 version when it drops. I would love to see objective data that supports the anecdotal talking points that there is no significant image quality loss with DSC @ dp 1.4 standard. Even if the image quality has a placebo affect of superior quality. What will be a more accurate marketing dp2.1 is superior future proof standard or dsc via dp 1.4 lossless image quality had no significant image loss? 🤔
I could forsee the when vendors support dp2.1 they marketing will change form lossless dsc to superior image quality standards. Would be great if we get ahead of the curve before Blackwell drops.
Lol I realized just now these 2 are DP 1.4. Why on Earth would they cheap out with a 6 years old version, especially on a $1k+ monitor... then I guess I'll just have to wait for the AORUS FO32U2P...

I'm leaning towards just waiting for the 32 inch TVs they're going to make with this type of panel. Then when they're inevitably on sale towards the end of the year or early 2025 employing one as a monitor.

Here's me seeing 42 inch LG C3 Evo for $900. Given another year or so I fancy my chances on a 32 inch model for less than that.

I'm leaning towards just waiting for the 32 inch TVs they're going to make with this type of panel. Then when they're inevitably on sale towards the end of the year or early 2025 employing one as a monitor.

Here's me seeing 42 inch LG C3 Evo for $900. Given another year or so I fancy my chances on a 32 inch model for less than that.

LG C3 is WOLED which IMO is far inferior to QD-OLED. Go on Rtings and do a side by side comparison. Also, the QD-OLED competes with G3 not C3. These panels in these OLED (Samsung QD-OLED ones) monitors compete and are superior to G3 panels. I doubt you'll see a G3 in 32" ever. LG does not want to compete with their own C3 economy line that still only goes down to 42". I don't think you'll see C3 in 32" either. They have clear market segments.

Lack of dp 2.1 makes them immediately outdated.

It can't that much more expensive than HDMI demanding royalties. That's the only good reason I can see them omitting it, price.

LG C3 is WOLED which IMO is far inferior to QD-OLED. Go on Rtings and do a side by side comparison. Also, the QD-OLED competes with G3 not C3. These panels in these OLED (Samsung QD-OLED ones) monitors compete and are superior to G3 panels. I doubt you'll see a G3 in 32" ever. LG does not want to compete with their own C3 economy line that still only goes down to 42". I don't think you'll see C3 in 32" either. They have clear market segments.
I know all of this but It doesn't matter. Value matters. If you took a C3 Evo panel and shrunk it to 32 inches it's immediately superior to 97 percent of all monitors available on the market for enthusiast gaming, which is what I had in mind. If it cost say $750 it dominates against a faster $1300 QD OLED in the consumer marketplace. Because the high end is not what the majority buy. Value matters.

A typical 120Hz OLED has a faster end to end response than an IPS screen with twice that refresh. No IPS glow either. Hooray.

One assumes you realize that G3 and C3 refers to a generation, and these are not going to be the same models as the next generation (C4, G4 etc) with different sizes and other panel improvements this year.

The same companies make all these panels. LG are building 32 inch, 34 and 39 inch panels which will end up in monitors but quite likely the 32 ends up as a TV application also.

I know all of this but It doesn't matter. Value matters. If you took a C3 Evo panel and shrunk it to 32 inches it's immediately superior to 97 percent of all monitors available on the market for enthusiast gaming, which is what I had in mind. If it cost say $750 it dominates against a faster $1300 QD OLED in the consumer marketplace. Because the high end is not what the majority buy. Value matters.

A typical 120Hz OLED has a faster end to end response than an IPS screen with twice that refresh. No IPS glow either. Hooray.

One assumes you realize that G3 and C3 refers to a generation, and these are not going to be the same models as the next generation (C4, G4 etc) with different sizes and other panel improvements this year.

The same companies make all these panels. LG are building 32 inch, 34 and 39 inch panels which will end up in monitors but quite likely the 32 ends up as a TV application also.

LG is a value brand. I currently have their 27" 1440p IPS and 32" 4k VA monitors. They are great for the money but if you can afford Samsung, you should get that. I'm hugely dissapointed in the C4/G4 updates. They pretty much just bumped up the refresh rate to 144hz and not much else. I wouldn't count on them making a 32" OLED based on their TV panels because they are already making 32" OLED panels specifically for monitors.

32" Asus PG32UCDM QD-OLED – $1,299.00
27" MSI 271QPX QD-OLED – $749.99
27" MSI 271QRX QD-OLED – $799.99 (with USB ports)
32" MSI 321UPX QD-OLED – $899.99
32" MSI 321URX QD-OLED – $949.99 (with USB ports)
34" MSI 341CQP QD-OLED – $899.99
49" MSI 491CQP QD-OLED – $1,099.99

You can already get a 32" QD-OLED for $900. Although, I'd get the $950 USB version on the early models incase you need to update the firmware. $750 WOLED panel vs a $900 QD-OLED would be DOA.

You can already get a 32" QD-OLED for $900. Although, I'd get the $950 USB version on the early models incase you need to update the firmware. $750 WOLED panel vs a $900 QD-OLED would be DOA.
$200 is a different class of monitor in fairness, and connectivity is one of the reasons for that besides the panel itself. A $700-$750 WOLED that ticks all the boxes for gaming is going to be competitive against a QD LED $200-$250 more.

Price and availability really need to be confirmed at retail, because I suspect so many of these new models touted for launch might end up delayed and practically vapor ware. This is my experience of new monitor generations for years now.

In Europe it was a major problem, in the U.S somewhat less so but you're often waiting for stock regardless. The market moves fast in recent years it seems. That's why OLED TVs have been so attractive because they are frequently sold at knock down sale prices with very good availability for a panel only one generation or half generation behind. Good enough is usually exactly that when the retail price is so keen.

What we learned. This is too much money for something that will get burn-in if you use it for productivity.

Mini led all the way for now.

$1300 and potentially burns in a permanent image if I'm not careful?

Where do I sign up?
So the lesson here is: Yes, be careful. I takes just a few one-time setup tweaks to prevent burn-in. And it will destroy any IPS or VA monitor image, other than the overly-hyped "issue" with text clarity. I've been using the AW3423 QD-OLED monitor for 2 years as a daily driver and have had zero issues with burn-in.

700 hours...

An OLED monitor show degradation due to burnin in less than 700 hours...

How a pseudo tech reviewer can recommends this type of display for monitors is beyond me...

700 hours...

An OLED monitor show degradation due to burnin in less than 700 hours...

How a pseudo tech reviewer can recommends this type of display for monitors is beyond me...

RTINGS disabled software that stops burn-in before testing. It was flawed testing.

OLED monitors and TVs run pixel refresh in standby mode, literally removing this problem. Again, flawed testing, which don't reflect reality. Not a single person keeps their TV/monitor on at all times.

Every single high-end product is going with OLED these days. LCD is dying in the high-end space for a reason. Dated tech.

Once you go OLED you can't go back to LCD, looks horrible and LCD can't do HDR properly.

LCD needs several thousand dimming zones to not hurt my eyes and this adds tons of input lag, the solution is to disable them in game mode, and then image quality drops like crazy. This is why some LCD TVs can look somewhat decent in movies and series, yet looks and runs horrible in gaming. From many dimming zones to little/none. Backlighting is the biggest problem and flaw of LCD.

There is 3 years burn-in warranty on most of the OLED monitors, you have to be stupid if you think burn-in happens after 700 hours of use. I bet you have zero experience with OLED. I has tons of OLED experience and never seen burn-in.

Never ever going back to crappy LCD.

OLED = Flawless image quality on day one, insane motion clarity, with a minor chance of burn-in down the road, which in most cases is covered by warranty.

LCD = Mediocre image quality on day one, with smearing, backlight bleed, blooming, bad viewing angles, low contrast, bad HDR, cornor glow (ips and va) and more.

Now choose. OLED took over high-end TV and phone market years ago. Now monitor marked is due for a change. The days of crappy overpriced LCD panels are finally over.

Last edited:
“ This 32-inch 4K panel has a 9% larger screen area than 34-inch QD-OLEDs from before,”

Wait - whaaat?

Yeah, 16:9 vs 21:9 -> 32" 4K/UHD meaning 16:9 has more screen area than 34" Ultrawide aka 21:9.

34" is slightly wider, 32" is taller.

Last edited:
Back