Asus socket problem

radelli

I bought an asus motherboard from new egg, and 2 of the pins in the processor socket are raised higher than the rest of them, there were also 2 pins bent in half, none of them are close to the other. has anyone heard of a board problem with spme pins longer than the others? it is not much, but very noticable. you can feel them with your finger. new egg is denying the rma, saying I caused damage. have built many rigs, definitly came out of box like this. thanks

Which one of the pins is raised? Here is an example of what a socket of a Z87 motherboard should look like for example:
Close-Take_3.jpg

What is the model of the motherboard? Can you provide an image?

I would try contacting ASUS directly.

Make sure you get a close up of the socket. You can use the pictures you take for me and send them to ASUS also.

-JC

New egg changed there mind, and decided to replace the board. but the new board was delivered in an unopened box, and I am having the same problem. the cpu light, lights up, and it does not boot. am trying to find someone with a 2011 socket that I can test the cpu on. the cpu is new also, bought it with the motherboard from new egg. will keep you posted. thanks for the help

New egg changed there mind, and decided to replace the board. but the new board was delivered in an unopened box, and I am having the same problem. the cpu light, lights up, and it does not boot. am trying to find someone with a 2011 socket that I can test the cpu on. the cpu is new also, bought it with the motherboard from new egg. will keep you posted. thanks for the help
Just for curiosity sake, you have made sure its in correctly and all along with made sure the latch is snug?

Yes, it was installed correctly, and the new motherboard socket didn't seem to have any bent or raised pins. I have built many computers over the years, so I don't think it is an install problem. I think either the cpu has got a problem, or the new motherboard they sent.

Yes, it was installed correctly, and the new motherboard socket didn't seem to have any bent or raised pins. I have built many computers over the years, so I don't think it is an install problem. I think either the cpu has got a problem, or the new motherboard they sent.
I wasn't doubting just trying to rule things out because you never know. You are sure its the CPU light right because Asus is notorious in my book for scrolling the text because of space concerns and making what seems like is one error light is actually the other.

The other thing is, try doing the easy bios update and see if it will then pick up the CPU. The Gene boards have that feature so I would try updating to the latest bios option using a flash drive because it maybe a compatibility issue.

Back