At a Loss... Motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I have been getting strange error messages lately, windows media player not working, com surrogate has stopped working, lots of these out-of-nowhere messages. Then I was watching a movie and the screen froze, although i could still move the mouse. The mouse finally froze too, and my only option was a soft reset with the power button. Then in the boot screen, i noticed that one of my raid0 drives was displaying an error. Its my OS on those drives, you know the story. Then, when I tried to restart the computer again, I could no longer enter bios. When I press ctrl at the bios/motherboard screen to enter bios, it just blacks out and starts over. When I don't touch anything, it goes on for a bit and finally ends up at no drives detected. I did remove the bios button battery once to try to get a clean slate, since I had already given up on recovering the OS. Did I fry my motherboard trying to fix the drive problem? Even with no drives connected I get the same situation. I am planning to replace the motherboard, but as I'm sure you all know, trying to replace one part can lead to replacing this and that and so on, until I finally have a completely new computer. I'm a little broke right now and would like to diagnose the problem as accurately as possible so that I don't go chasing a white whale again.

Sorry, forgot my system info.

MB: Gigabyte DS-4
CPU: E6300 (1.86)
RAM: 2 Gig
HDD: Seagate 80gb x 2; Maxtor 250gb

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back