TechSpot

AT&T executives confirm 4G LTE Advanced rollout will start next year

By Shawn Knight
Dec 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. According to a recent report from Eric Costa and Ken Hyers of Technology Business Research, AT&T is planning to introduce true 4G wireless service next year. The new service, officially known as 4G LTE Advanced, is essentially what LTE was...

Read more

2. peperonikiller

peperonikiller TS Member Posts: 75

How about still focusing on releasing 4G in areas that still don't have it :/

3. ljcook

ljcook TS Rookie

Wow - I am glad to see them working on this.... instead of making my phone get reception inside my home. I have to go stand in the street to get and make calls and then barely.
    C'mon AT&T fix what you have first!

4. p51d007

p51d007 TS Booster Posts: 327   +50

COOL! Too bad they don't update the towers to my area to LTE, before they obsolete it with 4G LTE.

5. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TS Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

Even worse is the fact that AT&T wont fix the issues they do have before moving on. Verizon did fix thier issues before they rolled out LTE. Thats one of the reasons they do have the largest. They had some issues at the start up but quickly fixed them. AT&T keeps trying but keeps running into tower difficulties.

6. veLa

veLa TS Booster Posts: 512   +84

I might care if they didn't have those silly data plans

7. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,538   +318

8. LTE Advanced. Wow, in 2013? So you need to watch you're data usage every 5 minutes now? AT&T is completely insane.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.