At wits End!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so heres the deal ... i have built a few pc's including my own and some friends. my roommate just recently fried (not sure slow degrade in CPU over about 6 months) a P4 478 chipset 3.2 G. so we decided to upgrade him to a P4 LGA 775 chipset 3.2G. Have a DFI MB running a ati 9800 pro 8 x agp and 2 gigs ( 4 x 512) of pc 3200 ram. here is problem ..... we assemble everything ( no issues ) update everything ( also no issues ) and are up and running for about 2 weeks solid .... last night we are in the middle of Battlefield 2 and his monitor goes black .... but case is still lit up and all the fans are running normal .... we thought we fried the ATI. swaped in a dif 9800 and same results .. nothing ... case lites fans turn but monitor, keyboard and mouse do not light up. we have also swaped in his old HD jsut to check and see ... same problem ..... so we return the DFI MB and get a new one thinking this would solve it .... nothing ... sigh could the CPU be bad ??? we are at wits end ..... sorry for length of post but we are about to take this thing to the backyard blow it up ... please help!! ( oh and we inspected the system right after the crash lastnight and there was no apparent heat build up)

Swap Monitor and cable
You don't state if you are getting Mb beeps.If there is a single beep I would say the CPU is OK
Try clearing the CMOs
1single strip of ram.
try stripping down to bare components.
Troubleshoot from there.
What is status of PSU old /new ?
Welcome to Techspot.

we have not tryed to swap out monitors as of yet ... the PSU is a 430 watt that came with the case he bought. we do not get a sytem beep on power up. We are hopping it is the PSU ( crosses fingers) but will not have time to swap out parts from my system till this evening ... thanks for quick reply and the welcome :)

Tested monitor to no avail. then threw my 500w PSU in and BINGO! went out and got im a new 500W and back up and running! thank you guys for the support will post here from now on! :giddy: :giddy: :giddy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back