Atheros AR5B97 driver not letting me connect to wireless

So I have 2 images from the Device manager.
The driver has a Yellow caution sign with "!" inside it.
2pt9rmt.png

21edqc9.png

My issues:
Cannot Connect to wireless, But can connect via Ethernet Cable.

My troubleshooter said the drive couldn't start, and that I needed a Wireless Cable to plugin to the computer.

This is my school computer, my help desk helped before but they are out of office because its summer break.

Device Manager > Components > Problem Devices
Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002E&SUBSYS_E034105B&REV_01\4&124A40C8&0&00E1 This device cannot start.

Also 2 things.
I tried disabling my Bluetooth High Speed, it did nothing.
I do not know if this is the right thread, because this is my first post, if there is anymore information you need to know please contact me.

Hi and welcome to the boards. (y)

How old is this system? Sometimes the wireless card will fail and a new one can be installed.

However, you can upload and install the latest wireless network driver for your system via ethernet cable. Sometimes that is all you need. If it is a built system like a Dell then go to the manufacture's website if this was a system that was built by yourself or someone else then go to the motherboard's website.

Please keep us updated.

Login is admin and get a CMD prompt; then run

o netsh int reset all
o netsh int ip reset
o netsh winsock reset

then reboot

Hi! Thanks for the warm welcome! This computer was made in 2009 and its a Acer Aspire, I don't remember the numbers after the Aspire part, its like a E-101 or something like that :)

Back