Ati 9000 Pc 2 Tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0nquix0te

I am in a bit of a dilemma. My video card, which is a ATI Radeon 9000 Atlantis made by Sapphire Technologies is supposed to have TV-Out. The problem is that I have it connected to the TV, but I can't get it to output. The control panel under Display Options will not allow me to turn on the TV-Out. I have tried both S-Video, and Composite. All that I see is a red "X" through a picture of the connector in the control panel.

I am running Windows XP, Asus P3V4x MothBd, 3Com Ethernet, SBLive! Value snd card.

It wouldn't be so bad if I could get any sort of respones from ATI Support. Its been 3 1/2 days now and still only a confirmation email.

Was the TV on when you tried this? Make sure it's on & that it's set to line input.

Also, try running the TV out cable to a VCR, then to the TV. That's how I did mine, since my ancient TV only had a coax input.

And download the latest ATi Catalyst (2.4) drivers.

Are you running it directly to the TV or through a SAT receiver? I have heard that some SAT receivers and cable boxes don't mix well with TV Out.

Thanks so much. I tried what you guys said and voila, it works. Now all I have to do is fix my audio card drivers. I think part of my problem was that I had a CRT to DVI connector on my old crappy LCD screen, which was somehow causing a conflict.

Good to hear you got it taken care of.

What is your problem with your audio? Post here or start another thread and we'll get that taken care of.

I already have posted it on a post of another person with my same problem. Look under "Audio has suddenly disappeared." So far my only choices are to mess with the IRC or ACPI or something like that. I think I will try it tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back