ATI 9250 PCI driver installation problems

By grayG
Dec 13, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. checked past threads, found many, yet none helped.

I bought an ATI 9250 PCI card from newegg for my Dell Dimension 2400. I disabled the onboard video. The computer boots fine running off of the new card, but when I go to install the drivers for it (I have tried off of the included CD and ATI's website) I get two errors: "Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system" followed up by error #2 "Try installing standard VGA drivers first (or something like that)". I have tried installing the drivers in VGA mode (for the standard VGA drivers) and safe mode. That didn't work. I also followed Microsoft's 'How to' instruction on forcing windows to use standard VGA drivers -- didn't work either.

So basically right now I have a card working fine, except drivers won't install. Thanks for any help.
  2. grayG

grayG Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

fixed. installed the drivers from Diamond's site, the manufacturer, worked fine.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.