ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 Directx problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 Laptop which has an ATI Mobility Radeon 7500. I recently got the game Indigo Prophecy. After installing it the game loaded fine. However, once the game started the cut scenes loaded but the graphics did not seem right. Parts of the graphics were missing/flickering. I then decided to update the drivers. I downloaded the Catalyst 7-11 Suite and installed the driver(version 8.432). I also downloaded the mobility modder. I modified the driver successfully using the instructions. However, now when I try to start the game it won't even start. A message comes up saying "A Directx 9.0c or higher compliant video card is needed to run this application. The program will now exit."

I am not sure what is wrong or why it is not working. Would any of you be able to help me out or give some advice as to what to do?

Thank you for your time.

You may need to downgrade your drivers again, these older drivers should also be available for download on the webpage you used to get the new ones

Think of it this way, customers are the guinee pigs for testing new updates in use and in compatability (with other hardware/software installed) This holds true for Windows releases as well, ie Vista when first released had many issues.

Download the older drivers
Un-install the new drivers
Install the older drivers
Test again

hi kimsland,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I'm not too familiar with computers so I am not sure exactly which "old drivers" to download. Are you familiar with the catalyst suite? The one I downloaded before was 7.11. Should I randomly try older ones like say 6.6 or so? Do you think that would resolve the problem(and I would be able to play the game)? I think that my video card is compatible with Direct x9.0c. Would you agree?

thanks again.

Hi rkrebello,
I really cannot quote your drivers and links unless you provide all your System Specs, if you could then copy them (manually) to your Edit Profile it will greatly help you in this and all future posts, ie your system specs will remain (update them as you update your hardware).

But, in saying that, yes try the next closest age to the newest, and so forth.
As for your game, this question will be answered upon you providing all your specs.

Indigo Prophecy
Minimum System Requirements
System: 800Mhz or equivalent
RAM: 256 MB
Video Memory: 32 MB
Hard Drive Space: 2500 MB

Hi Kimsland,

Thanks again from the response. I posted my specs as best as possible and from your post it appears that I have the minimum requirements to run the game . I will try to change the drivers as you suggested over the weekend and will let you know how it goes. Any further you tips you could provide would be much appreciated! Thanks again,

As a further tip I would say update your onboard Ram from 384 to minimum 512 (prefer 1 Gig ie 2 X 512Meg)

Although the game only requires 32 Meg, you will find that running Windows plus all programs starting with your system plus antivirus and firewall, that you are probaly already close to nothing left.

Hi Kimsland,

I was able to download a previous driver(Catalyst 6.5) which worked on my computer and allowed me to run the game. Apparently Catalyst 6.6 and above can not be used with the ATI Mobility RAdeon 7500 that I have. Thanks again for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back