ATI & Nvidia-based graphics cards will have FSAA bug in HL2

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidosmosis

Well, this really bites the big one. xbit is reporting that Valve developers have identified a bug in current DX9 hardware when using FSAA algorithms. It appears that there is a workaround for ATI hardware, but is almost impossible to fix for NVIDIA based graphics cards.
Valve continued that this is a problem for any application that packs small textures into larger textures. The small textures will bleed into each other if you have multi-sample FSAA enabled.

Currently both leading graphics chips designers use multi-sampling or hybrid multi-sampling + super-sampling methods to for FSAA.

The developers of the legendary Half-Life game said that drivers are not likely to solve the problem, however, it still can be solved for graphics cards based on VPUs from ATI Technologies, such as RADEON 9500-, 9600-, 9700- and 9800-series. As for NVIDIA GeForce and GeForce FX-series, there are practically no chances to find a workaround, according to Valve.

from http://www.anandtech.com/

like. i run aa in fps, anyway

not.................give me something to shoot :grinthumb

i've heard that the 9800pro doesnt perform that wel so if thats true you wont be using aa...
JSR why dont you run aa in fps its mutch better, if you have the hardware :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back