TechSpot

ATI Radeon 9600xt snow storm

By xbloke100
Apr 6, 2007
  1. Hi

I have just bought a new radeon 9600xt vga card, I managed to get it to work but when running games or 3d graphics it has alot of interfeance (like snow on a tv). windows isnt effected apart from the icons on the desktop are coverd in little black dots and also the writing on the very top of each page,If I turn the acceleration 3d acceleration then windows has no problems but obviously the games do not work. I have installed the recomended drivers and the older ones, have updated my bios tried some differnt settings for the agp card but its still there. Half life 2 does run ok but its very hard to see anything due to the black and white pixle dots. I have disabled the onboard graphics. I have even tried it on my sisters pc but it stopped her comp from booting all together.

I am thinking that it is probably a defective card. ???? What do you think??

My system is

As rock P4VM800 motherboard
    intel P4 3.2Gh
    1 Gig Ram
    Windows XP pro

Any info on this matter would be much appreciated as its driving me mad.

Thanks for that.

2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

Is your PSU strong enough?

3. xbloke100

xbloke100 TS Rookie Topic Starter

well its 300w which I would have thought would be ok. what do you think??

Thanks for your time

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.