ATI Radeon 9700 Pro - Heating up & Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
I'm really frustrated about my ATI Radeon 9700 pro agp card. everytime i start some game, like Doom 3 etc. the agp heats up and crashes. I've got an Intel865PERL mainboard. I thought about tweaking the voltage or other settings like 8x or 4x through the BIOS but didn't get any option like that over there. Then i updated the BIOS, but to no avail. I even downloaded the latest GPU drivers. And I don't think this is happening due to some lack of ventilation in the casing. I've got a thermal casing. A few days back i was playing doom 3 and it crashed and 'out of curiosity' i opened up the casing. i touched it and my index finger almost burnt!!! proper ventilation or not, this card is heating up abnormally and i've got a bad feeling that it might blow up and ruin other components in the casing. HELP!!!!!

p.s. the fan attached to the agp is working fine.

The Radeon 9700 and 9800 cards run very hot. Try taking the side of the case off and have a fan blowing into the case. If it doesnt crash or takes longer to crash , heat is the problem. My card did the same as yours. I put on a VGA Silencer cooler and havent had a single problem since. I was even able to overclock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back