ATi Radeon 9700 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtR-X

I have a problem with my ATi card. It doesn't seem to be "right".

In Counter-Strike, the ends of the guns seem to be extra rounded, not a pretty site and doesn't look normal. Everything else I play or do looks fine.

I'm not sure what could be causing this.

What set of catalyst drivers are you using? I know ATi has been having a lot of trouble with counterstrike, particularly with the cat 3.2-3.5. There is a possiblity that the 3.6's fixed a lot of the problems with the game, but I'm not sure.

You could check the forum over at www.rage3d.net (warning) try not to get a headache from all the whinning there. :rolleyes:

Are you sure its not your settings in CS? Doesnt sound like a hardware problem to me. To do some trouble shooting and see if it is your 9700, dont change any settings, pop a diffrent videocard in your PC, start up CS, and see if the guns are still like they are. If they are the same, its not your 9700. If they are normal again, its probbly the 9700, or the 9700 drivers (more likly the drivers).

I've heard about problems with Counter Strike and Catalyst drivers. You may want to do a google search. I haven't heard about that specific problem though, mostly just low frame rates -- though I didnt have a problem playing CS (though I never really play it anymore). You could probably find some information about it on ATI's site.

I use the latest Catylist drivers (3.6) AND DX9.0b.

I think I do recall enabling TRU-FORM. I was reading the "Tweak that Radeon" guide here and I enabled it. I'm going to try disabling it.

Its definitely tru-form. I found that shooting windows with it turned on on my 9700 Pro caused it to run like a dog. I didn't think the n-patches made it look any better any way :mad: ;)

Yeah. I turned off TRU-FORM and its back to normal. That was my only problem--the guns. But, it made everything else really nice.

Tru-form usually doesn't work all that well. In my opinion when it does work well it doesn't provide a very much more realistic image in the screenshots I have seen of games with tru-form On/Off.

To me, all the other games looked alot better, even Counter-strike, excluding the guns. The hands and movement were so much better looking.

Ati has pretty much abandoned developing trueform any further as far as I can tell. and most games didnt support it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back