ATI Radeon HD 2600 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
well let me begin by saying i just got this card and i'm hating it already.
ok now that i got that off my chest, the problem is that when i'm playing World of Warcraft after about 5 minutes my monitor goes black and the keys dont work so i restart it and every thing is fine again till i try the game again and 5 minutes later same thing happens. whats going on here? (sorry my spelling sucks)

What are your computer specs? Are you running XP? What drivers are you using?
I know, you wanted me to read your mind ;)

If you used the drivers supplied on the CD... shame on you. If you have an actual ATI card and not a 3rd party card like my Sapphire Radeon HD2600 Pro, go to the Ati driver website and get the latest driver from there. Make sure you download and install the Microsoft .NET framework if you are going to use the ATI Catalyst feature

i updated my profile specs. i'm using the drivers that came with the card on the cd. i dont know if this is a 3rd party card. where do i get the microsoft .Net framework.also i forgot to add some times when i turn the computer on i see green dots about every 1 inch or so.

AMD fx-51
512 ram
asus sk8v
windows XP home edition service pack
BIOS version 2.3
thats all i could think of anything else u need let me know and i'll try to figure it out

What did it say on the video card box? It could say names like Visiontek, Sapphire or ATI. Depending on the name, you would go to that website, select the model (either HD2600XT or HD2600Pro) and download the drivers from their website. The .NET Framework should be available there too...

Also, for the dots, make sure you have the power connector connected from the power supply to the video card. From your specs, you have a Visiontek. Go here and install the driver for you HD2600Pro:

http://www.visiontek.com/teksupport/drivers/8.3n_XP_driver.html

.Net ramework is there too. Download it

tryin to install .net framework

trying to install the .net framework i got a message saying "setup canot continue because this version of the .NET Framework is incompatible with a previously installed one.

How do you handle XP's Microsoft Updtates? Open Internet Explorer and click on "tools", Microsoft Updates. Do all the Critical updates you see and then do the Optional updates after that. If you have never kept up with the updates on a regular basis, there will be many to download and install. The .NET Framework updates are listed under "Optional Updates"... after all this, your system and it's graphics abilities should be much more stable.

You didn't say if you have connected the power supply lead to the HD2600. One other thing, you may benefit from increasing your memory from 512MB to 1GB

Sounds like a PSU problem. You shouldn't get a blank screen unless its your video card, make sure your running everything on stock,,, GL,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back