1. My desktop:
    motherboard : gigabyte ma77ot-ud3
    amd phenom (tm) II x4 955 processor 3.20ghz
    ram : kingstone 2gb ddr2 x2
    power supply : coolmaster rs-460-pcar-d3
    windows : win7 x64

currently having problem with :
    grapic card : gigabyte ati radeon hd 5570

my pc runs fine for 1 year without any changes (i mean changes in hardware / driver).
    however tis morning, i power on my pc, my monitor shows no signal
    i tried both vga and dvi cable but still same results.
    Yet, although there is no signal, my pc still can login into windows (knew as window boot up sound)
    I removed my ati grapic and use on-board grapic (ati radeon 4200), monitor hav signal.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

"I removed my ati grapic and use on-board grapic (ati radeon 4200), monitor hav signal"...
    Then the gigabyte ati radeon hd 5570 card is bad
  3. 1977TA

1977TA Newcomer, in training Posts: 90

I had something like that happen a couple of weeks ago. Completely unplugging the pc and switching DVI ports worked. Mines not a gigabyte, but the same GPU basically.
  4. hikari920303

hikari920303 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

ner~ tis gigabyte card have already used for one year
    i hav another one with duo-core, hd4850 used for 3 years and now still using, didnt encouter any problem.
    now i jz wanna to make sure the ati 5570 card had spoiled or not, if confirm spoiled den i gonna rma it
    any ideas how to check? currently the duo-core desktop at another place :(
  5. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,508   +81

If you have the other machine and can try the card in that you will be able to confirm that the card is bad and not some other type of problem.
  6. hikari920303

hikari920303 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

haha currently have another 2 spoiled p4 desktop, and another 1 laptop, how test xD

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.