TechSpot

Ati2mtag error what does this mean?

By andymiesta
Nov 6, 2007
  1. Hi my pc keeps locking up on games and frezzing all the time and when i go and check the event veiwer it states:

Type : error
    Source: Ati2mtag
    Category: GCO
    description: l2c return failed

Type: warning
    Source: Ati2mtag
    Category: LCD
    description: Rom does not support this device

Could someone help to why it keeps doing this thanks ?

2. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,286   +24

Ati2mtag is related to the ATI Catalyst drivers. You might be having a driver issue. Have you updated your drivers lately? Catalyst 6.10 is notorious for this particular problem. Download and install Catalyst 7.10 from here and see if it helps.

3. gpac77

gpac77 TS Rookie

I am having the same problem. I keep freezing in the middle of game play. And my sound, sounds like it is stuck and is looping. I have updated my audio drivers, my monitor driver and the link that has been supplied above shows Catalyst 7.11. I have downloaded that as well. I am still having this issue. Someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. andymiesta

andymiesta TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 21

My problem like that stop after i got a new motherboard now i don't get any BSOD or lock ups how old is your motherboard ?

5. gpac77

gpac77 TS Rookie

My board is fairly new. Its a very good board. ABIT AW9D_MAX.

6. gpac77

gpac77 TS Rookie

updated to latest driver 7.12 and all the problems have stopped.....my temp even dropped about 10 degrees

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.