ATIRadeon 9600 card freezes constantly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwallo1

I just added this new card to my comp. and I can run videos and browse the web like normal but every time I try to play a game with excelerated graphics it freezes the game and i have to ctrl+alt+del to go back to windows. I downloaded the catalyst software for the driver and still this problem occurs only difference is that the VPU Recoverer will stop the game and tell me there was a problem with the graphics card not taking commands from the driver so it forced a reset of the card.

THIS IS VERY ANNOYING AS I CANT PLAY ANY DECENT GAMES! SOMEONE PLEASE ADVICE ON A FIX!?!?

Do you have Norton Anti-Virus by any chance? Also, welcome to Techspot :wave: !

No, Norton sometimes causes freezing in certain games. That's why I was asking. Revert back to the drivers you used that didn't give you the VPU message also. Monitor your temperatures with a program called Speedfan, and see if they are high.

Did you install Net Framework before you installed the AMD/ATI drivers. I have the same card and it works well with or without Norton. The card doesn't run hot either

Heat issue, could be driver issue,

safe mode, driver cleaner pro ,, reboot,, install official mobo and video drivers catalyst ,,, PSU possibly,,

nope

just yesterday i reformatted and reinstalled the mobo and video drivers and still the same problem.....

could it possibly be a defect in the hardware? and if so then how do i go bout replacing it will i just have to buy a new one or is it still under manufacture warrenty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back