Audigy 2 Platinum Software Crashes Constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukka

I reinstalled my pc, with XP Pro and all the patches. i installed the creative audigy 2 software from the disc. i then installed all the updates off crative automatically.

its as clean an install of windows as i can have, and the Mediasource Player crashes the second i try to play an mp3.

its the only software that works with the remote too, as far as i know.

anyone has similar experiences? im using an msi kt333 board with an athlon 1.7xp cpu. i have 512mb of matched ddr from crucial. im sure its jus tthe monkeys at creative.

I'm not a bid fan of the Mediasource player myself. Typically it crashed when I first open it up to play an mp3 or video file and then it usually loads the second time. My OS is Win2K.

It doesn't matter if I use the version loaded from the CD or if I get the latest release from Creative's web site.

Doesn't seem to be a really great product even when it does work.

I was running a MSI SIS 645DX and it would lock up my system entirely. I finally took out all of the drivers and downloaded the "beta"driver and didn't use the software with it. I just built a new PC with ASUS MoBo and it all works except the remote control.. Which I can deal with :)

RE

It would help if you put your system info in your profile.....i have no problems with the audigy 2 platinum as far as software stubility. WORKHORSE

Yeah, this happens alot with Creative products, no matter what system. Creative has a reputation for having stuff that crashes and what not.

So you reformatted right? Is that what you mean by a clean install?

Just keep trying. When it fails, exit out, restart if necessary, delete the folder(s) it made and try again. Sometimes it takes me up to 3 times.

found a work-around

well, i reinstalled (fresh format and everything again) but this time i installed just the drivers off the disc that came with it, then downloaded the update from the creative website (drivers only again).

i didnt realise, but fortunately the new drivers include the line2/mic2 as a recordable source, as well as "what you hear" and others, and you can only choose one at a time, meaning i can play an mp3, and play my bass guitar thru the second mic, and only record the second mic :)

this is what i wanted to do, and it kind of makes the creative software redundant. all im missing now is the ability to add the funky effects in real-time, using eax. ah well, least the systems stable now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back