Audigy 2 zs - having a problem

By sjps220
Jul 11, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am having some problems with my audigy 2 zs and I have no idea what's causing it. Any help would be appreciated.

A while ago, I was listening to music, when there was some really loud distortion. It almost sounded like a radio tuning, but high pitched and loud. After that, the left channel was replaced by a clicking. It was a specific tempo, and never changed. I restarted the computer and all was fine.

I had that happen one more time, and now when I play wolfentein enemy territory, my sound hangs up when I enter a server, after I've been in for about 5 seconds. It only does it for a second, but sometimes, the games audio doesn't work after the hangup, and I have to restart the game.

Any ideas or suggestions?
  2. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

Do you have the latest drivers for your Audigy card?
  3. sjps220

sjps220 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 129

I forgot to mention that I tried to reinstall everything to do with the card and ran into some issues. It kept telling me that it couldn't detect the hardware once I had the software installed, so once I got it to work using the cd that came with the card, I didn't bother to go for the newest drivers because I didn't want to mess with what I thought was working!

thanks for the tip. I'll try it and get back to you.
  4. sjps220

yeah I just put the newest drivers on, and the same thing happened when I joined a server in wolfenstein. I'll have to try it for a while and see if I ever have the audio drop out on me again.
  5. sjps220

yeah the audio just dropped out a few times in a row. any more suggestions?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.