Audio and video lagging when connected to the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a new laptop and HP tech support has not been able to solve my problem so I am turning to you guys.

The audio and video has a glitching/lagging effect when I am connect to the internet via WLAN card. But it is not the internet itself; because whether I am watching/listening to something over the internet or watching a DVD from the dvd drive, or listening to something from an outside source (USB stick)--as long as ther is an internet connection running in the background I have this problem. About every 60 seconds staticy noise and slight lagging in the video occur and lasts for about 4-6 seconds. This will continue for as long as I am trying to watch or listen to something and being connected to the internet. However, as soon as I turn off the wireless adapter (with a switch on the front of the laptop, or by manual disconnecting) the problem goes away instantly.

I have downloaded all the latest drivers for the soundcard, WiFi adapter, and the video card. Still having the problem. I am wondering if it is a hardware conflict or if there is a program conflict when connected to the internet. I have no idea!

Sound: Altec Lansing speakers ; Conexant High Definition Smart Audio 221
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M
Network adapters: Broadcom 4322AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n WiFi adapter
NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

Thanks for the help!

Can you try using a wireless network card plugged into a PCMCIA slot. If this works, your built in network card may be defective, and you can have HP service it under warranty

thanks, I disabled my Broadcom adapter card and connected to the internet via a USB adapter, and as far as I can tell the problem is no longer present. Hopefully that does it!

thanks for the tips!

HP sent me a new WLAN card and I installed it, only to have the same problem as I did before with the old WLAN card.

I am back to square one, any ideas?

Does this "new" WLAN card fit into a covered slot on the bottom of the laptop? If it does, the motherboard may be bad. You have at least one PCMCIA card slot. A wireless PCMCIA card will probably work, otherwise your laptop will have to go back for warranty service, where they will probably replace the motherboard or the whole notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back