Audio CD Plays Sound But when playing DVDs No Sound! Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer is a Dell Dimension 8200, I have a cd/rw that came with it, so Today I bought a DVD/RW installed everything, The DVD plays video fine, The problem is, It does not have audio, so I took the dvd out and put in an MP3 Cd and it plays Audio CDs fine...I cant seem to troubleshoot any further than to play with audio level controlls but still doesnt have Audio on DVD movies, So I tried a diffrent DVD and also played it using a diffrent player...Same thing happens.No Audio on the DVDs but Audio is fine playing Music CDs on both CDRW drive and my new DVD/RW drive...I cant seem to find a thread with the same problem...I even tried uninstalling the driver on the DVD/Drive and started over again...same thing no, Audio. Help!

check to see if you have the DVD codecs installed (audio in particular). sometimes you can get them for free by downloading a trial DVD player, installing it (and the codec), and then uninstalling it (but it doesn't always delete the codec).

Reply:

zephead said:
what application are you using to play said DVD?

I am Using Windows Media Player 10, and also Real Player, I tested them both and they both played the DVD and both had no Audio.

REply:

benken2202001 said:
check to see if you have the DVD codecs installed (audio in particular). sometimes you can get them for free by downloading a trial DVD player, installing it (and the codec), and then uninstalling it (but it doesn't always delete the codec).

Thanks, I'll try that.

Reply...Codec Fixed!

Thank You very much...I have downloaded XP codec and It works! the Audio cam on and the movie is playing fine, Thank you very much for your tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back