Audio Device magic tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. First time posting and, I looked on the forums and have found people with similar problems, but none quite as weird as mine. So I've found people that didn't have their sound device installed but none that had their sound device "dissapear" after starting their computer. I mean, I start up, sound is perfectly fine. If I go to Control Pannel > Sounds and Audio Devices, my audio device shows up perfectly fine. If I return to it after a few moments, it says that I have no audio device... DUN DUN DUUUUUN!

OH! Something to add to the weirdness. If I start let's say Windows Media Player before my audio device dissapears, I can listen to music and watch movies just fine. If I start it after my audio device dissapears I can't and, I get the normal "no audio device" error message.

I'm guessing it's something viral but, I've done a full system scan and ran my spyware removal program to no avail. I'm using K-Lite codec pack, I uninstalled and reinstalled it to no avail. I think I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling my audio drivers, to no avail...

So, uuum... help?

Edit: Right before my audio device dissapears, I usualy get an error saying that my Generic Host Process for win32 failed and has to shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back