TechSpot

audio driver

By asylum
May 25, 2004
  1. have a GA-8SIMLNF MOTHER BOARD and running win 2000 pro. I am having difficulties in installing audio driver.

I downloaded the driver from the gigabite site, but unable to install

PS: when i google the mobo, I saw this site and found interesting, I even found the link for the audio driver in this site ,which was not available in driverguide.com

but the link was broken

2. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,606   +287

From what I could find your board seems to be "GA-8SIMLNF SiS651/692" board made for Packard Bell. So you should try Audio drivers from SiS.

Check out this thread for other information regarding this.

3. asylum

asylum TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes I do have hp machine and when I use searhing in sis it says it cannot connect to search daemon, It's happening since last week.

Can anyone provide me this driver pls?

4. Arris

5. asylum

So what should I do? buy another sound card?

6. Arris

Can you download the drivers from the link I posted?
    Yes/no/maybe :confused:
    If so try those.
    Obviously you can just disable the onboard sound in the BIOS and plug in a PCI sound card and use that instead. But if you were not unhappy with the sound you had and the onboard solutions CPU utilisation in comparison to PCI devices then I would try the SiS drivers first.

7. asylum

Yes but No

That means I can download but it doesn't install on windows 2000. It stuck in half way thru in installation. May be it doesn't like 2000

am i rite?

8. Superjoke

Superjoke TS Rookie

9. w18k750

w18k750 TS Rookie

Ga-8simlnf

u need this file stac97n_613109010.exe, your sound is the sigma tel c-major the file weight about 540k, if the link dontĀ“broke went you read this try http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/drivers/191/191392.htm or just look for the file in any browser.

be cool!

10. w18k750

w18k750 TS Rookie

i dont know what

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.