Audio Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm new to the forum. I'm having some trouble with my new 5.1 speakers, and or my sound card.
I'm pretty sure I never added a separate sound card, so I would assume that it is just running off my motherboard. I have six audio jacks in the back of my computer (excluding the ones located in the front, obviously) Those being: mic, input, output, rear, side, and sub.

I think the problem is with my sound card, because I can get all the speakers to play if I plug each portion into my out jack. but when I plug anything into the sub, rear, or side jacks I get no audio at all.
I'm wondering if 4-channel audio is something I would need to enable for my sound card, or if it would be an automatic thing. I wouldn't expect the jacks to be provided if they couldn't be utilized. But I cant find where that option would be if it does exist.

Does anyone have any solution ideas? It would be much appreciated.

You'll most likely have to change to a 5.1 setup in your sound control panel... which varies by motherboard. By default most speaker settings are set to 2.1 which is desktop stereo speakers. Changing this to 5.1 will enable you to use the additional audio jacks.

Thanks, but how do I change that setting? I cant find the sound card control panel you mentioned anywhere.

hello i'm new in the site I have installed an EZ View TV Tuner card.The pictures are quite correct but thesound is off. I have checked all the parameters (my pc and the EZ View card interface) all them are on.Please can someone help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back