Audio on a tv from my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nause

There's a cable called PC-to-TV cable which includes scart block with a svhs input and another cable which is goes like a headphone plug to the audio red and white, left and right. IF I plugged all this kit into my PC and tv all the right way would it be possible to have the sound go to the sound output on my soundcard like some pci tv cards do. So I get my PC sound to output to my TV, so I could record some animation work I've been doing onto a tape ? Thanks for all your help in advance.

yes you can. However, you would have to hook up the audio and video to your Tape recorder instead of the TV. Normally you'd have the Tape recorder then connect to the TV so you can see what you are recording.

and make sure that on the scart block, if there is a switch that says input or output, obviously choose output.

make sure your volume outputs on windows don't exceed 95% otherwise you'll also pickup recording distortion.

personally I'd use a cable with the headphone (small) single prong port, like the one's you plug into a walkman or whatever, which 2 phono's connections on the end (red and white) ... and if the video doesn't have 2 phono IN (unlikely unless it's pretty damn decent...i think) then use the scart block, plug it into the video, set it to input, then set the channel on your video to AV...all sound should then go str8 to the video...if you have a multichannel surround, connect the cable to the front left n right port on your soundcard, and make sure your windows settings are changed to "2 Speaker Setup"...

hope some of that ramble helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back