Audio Playback Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

si007

I've just built myself a new PC and everything seems to have gone without a hitch except, I noticed today, if I play an mp3 in Windows Media Player, it misses the first second or so of the track. The exact same thing happens when I try to play a song I've created in Acid Pro 3.0. I tried removing and re-installing the drivers for my SB Live Value but that didn't solve the problem. I'm also using Windows XP for the first time and am still trying to find my feet. One thing that may, or may not be important, is that the mp3s and my songs were created on my previous PC. I'm not sure if this is significant but I thought I would mention it.

If anyone can help with this problem I would really appreciate it.

Cheers.

Si

:cool:

have you tried a different player, like Winamp maybe? Does this happen with all media types or just mp3? Are you using any EAX presets?

I haven't tried a different player but it does happen as well in Acid Pro which uses .wav files. Also, I'm not using any EAX presets.

Si

Have you attempt to download the newest drivers for SB live value? Try usin winamp to play mp3s, if you face similar symptoms, there's got to be something wrong with the settings or drivers.

I'm using the latest SB Live drivers and when I first install them I can access the Audio HQ icon in the control panel but if I try to click on the icon a little later I get the following error message:

"Cannot initialize audio driver. Reinstall audio driver"

I have removed and reinstalled them a couple of times now but the problem still persists.

I'm thinking about getting a new soundcard but I'm worried that the problem would still be there as I'm still unsure if it's a driver, soundcard, XP or whatever problem.

Cheers.

Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back