Audio problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer never had audio problems before, but when I recently rebooted my computer's XP operating system, my sound system stopped working. I have already checked the computer to see if whether or not the speakers are connected properly and if the volume is turned on and everything's fine. However, when I do look at the system information there is a yellow exclamation balloon beside the multimedia audio controller. Therefore, I'm wondering if my problem is related to that. Currently my computer does not even recognize that the speakers are connected and is making beeping noises. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

when I do look at the system information there is a yellow exclamation balloon beside the multimedia audio controller. Therefore, I'm wondering if my problem is related to that.

Yes it is related to that.

You need to reinstall your soundcard drivers.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

First, you need toestablish what soundcard you have.

Is it onboard sound or a separate sonundcard?

What are your computer specs?

Is your computer an oem build such as Dell/Gatway/Hp etc? If it is then you will need to go to your computer manufacturers website for the sound drivers.

On the otherhand, if your computer is a custom built machine, you should go to your mobo(motherboard) manufacturers website for the drivers.

If you have a separate sound card, you will need to go to your soundcard manufacturers website for the drivers.

If you don`t know the above information, click on the first link in my signature. You will find a link to the free Everest programme. It will give you lots of info about your system.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back