Autocomplete email sign in

srpremkumar

At the time of signing in for emails (such as hotmail and gmail), when you click on the username box, a drop down suggests a few ids to choose from (based on previously used ones).
I would like to know as to how to manage this drop down list.
1. How do we enable or disable this feature?
2. How do we delete unwanted names?
S.R.Premkumar

That would depend on which browser you are using?.

I'm using Internet Explorer 8 at the moment (i haven't updated yet to IE9) and the autocomplete setting is in the "Internet options" under the "Content" tab.

Mr. Benny26's solution works for IE. Thanks! Any ideas for Google Chrome?

By the way, for deleting username from drop-down list I found a method from web.
Highlight the name and shift-delete.

Premkumar

No probs.

I don't personally use Google Chrome but apparently it's found by: "Wrench" > Options > Minor Tweaks > Form autofill.

If that doesn't work, check out this page here: How to turn off/on autocomplete in Google Chrome

I don't find 'Minor Tweaks' in Options, and Auto fill is for Addresses and Credit Cards only and not fo signing in.
The contents of the site connected to the link you have given are confusing.

To delete an unwanted name try highlighting the name by moving the cursor onto it on the drop down list and press the delete key. Works on IE or FF but I don't know about Chrome.

srpremkumar said:
The contents of the site connected to the link you have given are confusing.

Sorry about that. The link was for the URL autocomplete :eek:.

I've changed it now.

Anyway, It appears from around the net that the only viable answer for chrome is the same answer that Mailpup has given you.

Back