TechSpot

Autominimizing

By endgame
Aug 22, 2003
  1. I've installed a few games on my system, not very new ones, things like Empire Earth and AOE2, i think the newest i have is C&C generals. I encountered a repetetive and rather annoying problem just a few minutes ago. My Games are starting up, then minimizing themselves, but the sound from game is still running. When i click on the icon in the taskbar to maximize again they do this for a breif second then minimize once more. Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this problem?

2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Right click on the shortcut and select properties, then on the Shortcut tab, there is a box labeled Run(with a dropdown box). Make sure this shows Normal window, or maximized for your games.

3. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

You may have a program running that keeps stealing focus.. I know mIRC does this sometimes when you have set it to flash the icon in the system tray.

4. bigp07

bigp07 TS Rookie Posts: 20

Wow, this is a really old post but i am now having the exact same problem. Is there any way to stop this? What is mIRC?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.