Autoplay does not work anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabblop

Everything was all right then the autoplay does not work anymore... When I plug the iPod, there is an autorun but not with the CD/DVD. Its been about 1 year now that it does not work. Please help and sorry for my bad english!

btw: there are several regedits that are Designed to create this effect.
It is a means to avoid virus' and other malware that may be lurking on portable media.

Personally, I have done this intentionally for all CDs and USB devices and this gives me the
opportunity to Scan the media before anything runs. Finding the Setup.exe or Autorun file
can then be used to launch the original product startup.

btw: there are several regedits that are Designed to create this effect.
It is a means to avoid virus' and other malware that may be lurking on portable media.

Personally, I have done this intentionally for all CDs and USB devices and this gives me the
opportunity to Scan the media before anything runs. Finding the Setup.exe or Autorun file
can then be used to launch the original product startup.

So what do you suggest me to do?

You might do 2 things

1. First I'd run the Autoplay repair wizard to restore Autoplay values to system defualts and a known working state

2. Then i'd install and run tweakui. It will install itself in C:\Windows\system32. Run it. Then in its menu select My Computer->Autoplay->Drives and simply uncheck the boxes to disable autoplay for each of your removable drives. (So tweakui is also easy to reset autoplay if need be on a drive by drive basis)

Well, thanks for all the help but i gave my PC to a friend and formated it and it works well.

Thanks for the help, it was very appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back