Average US consumer spends 2 hours and 42 minutes every day using mobile devices

By Shawn Knight
Apr 1, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. We're now six years into what app analytics provider Flurry calls the mobile revolution and as you might expect, the average consumer in the US is spending more time than ever using mobile devices. According to the firm's latest report,...

Read more
  2. If this includes smartphones, it looks like nobody is making calls?
  3. gamoniac

gamoniac TS Addict Posts: 292   +68

Who actually works?
  4. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

I know right?
  5. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,157   +195

...which is in contrast to my countrymen who spend almost the entire waking hours using their mobile phones almost anywhere.
    there are already a large number of people, perhaps numbering more than a hundred of falling into any of these reported incidents while using mobile devices:
    1. falling into open manholes, canals, waterways, potholes
    2. bumping into another person
    3. 'bumped' by car, bus, motorcycle
    4. censured by the pastor/priest/religious leader for using mobile devices while in prayer session/mass
    5. students censured by the teacher for using mobile devices while in class.

I don't know if there are already national laws, local ordinances, or traffic rules that regulate the use of mobile devices while driving in the Philippines but I still see drivers texting/calling somebody on the phone while driving in city/rural streets/national highways/barangay roads.
  6. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 807   +270

They will eventually get killed in an accident and problem will be solved.
  7. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,551   +595

Ok - break those stats down to teenage girls only and let's see what the usage numbers are. ;)