AVG free giving me pop-ups...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tizerist

hi folks. this started a couple of days ago.

this pops up every few minutes when AVG is running.

i downloaded the nov 19 version just to make sure that i indeed wasn't behind with the different versions (the new version completely takes over duties from older ones in january.)

i even tried putting it into tools/internet options/security/restricted sites, but it still comes....

whats AVG doing????

done that several times. it comes and goes with avg itself.

i've got no antivirus running because of this. i was going to try avast, but i hear its not completely free, and besides, i'm used to avg.

to top it all off, i tried to uninstall zonealarm as well, but it just gives me this message

so now it wont run OR uninstall.

any ideas?

It's an ad that got on your system. Here's how to stop it:

If using the IE browser: Open Internet Options> Security tab> Restricted> Sites> type in 'pictiger.com' without quotes> Add> OK> Apply> OK.

This should prevent the pop-up. Be sure to leave AVG running.

pictiger is only the site i used to upload the snapshot from my harddrive, it's an AVG page that keeps popping up.

So sorry! That went right over my head! It looks like a promo to get a cut price on AVG Security Suite before 12/9, but does the image on the right also come up with it? Looks like water droplets?

Here's what you're seeing, what is the purpose and what you need to do:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11/21/avg_stays_free/

Please get it running ASAP.

thanks mate. all sorted.

i uninstalled then reinstalled (for about the 4th time) and it's now running without interruption, although i'm pretty sure i downloaded 7.5 in the first place (?)

the water drops are merely my desktop background, and its in the image because i'm running two monitors side-by-side.
(well, my TV is actually the one on the right)

i'm just using Windows Defender as firewall instead now too.
Zonealarm is still in my program files taking up 10 mb lying there idle and refusing to uninstall.
i might just delete it folder by folder instead, although some files will surely refuse me access.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back