Backing up Outlook Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheProdigy

Hey all, im re-formatting my computer. I have over 10,000 songs but my computer is so screwed up I dont even care about backing up any of my stuff. Although, my sister uses Outlook Express and has tons of contacts and favorites and this and that. Same with her Internet Explorer. She has tons of websites saved under her favorites, to many to count, hundreds. So basically I just wanna back-up ALL of her Outlook Express material and Internet Explorer favorites. How would I go of doing that?

~Thanks

To back up OE manually see HERE

To use a back up program instead see HERE it`s a 30 day trial,but that`s all you need.

To back up IE favourites -

Select File -> Import and Export.

Select Export and the click on "next."

Select Favorites and click on "next."

In the next window you can accept the default Save Directory or choose a new one.

I suggest you select "Desktop" so you can easily find the file again. Click on "next."

Finally, click on "finish" and your Favorites will be saved to disk.
The default file name is "bookmark.htm": simply copy this file to a CD or even email it to yourself (or both).

Awesome, this programs looks perfect. Although I just noticed it's Microsoft Outlook and not Outlook Express. Will it work the same way?

I don`t know what your looking at exactly,that program clearly is for Express.

It`s called the "Outlook Express Back up Wizard" :)

Ouch, please help. I just got finished re-formatting and its all good accept for a few things. When I scroll down pages or select somethin to move up it lags, it lags bad! Never used to do that. Second, was I supposed to back-up Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook etc? Cause there all gone. Please someone help.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have mereged your new thread into this one. Please don`t open anymore threads for this subject. Thanks.

You need to reinstall your graphics card drivers etc.

The applications you speak of are gone, so you`ll need to reinstall them.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Ok I actually found Microsoft Office in my Dell box. Every thing set-up and perfect accept for one major change, Microsoft Outlook. This is the main I HAD to back-up. It contains TONS of messages, contacts, etc. Now I used that program to back-up the file and I always manually saved archive and outlook office data file. Ive never used Outlook so I do not know how to work it. How do I go about getting all this back. First, how do I set-up my sisters' email, I probably have to do that first.

If you want to set up an Outlook account see HERE

To restore an Outlook back up .pst file,which is what you should have
backed up for Outlook, see HERE

Anything related to Outlook and OE are easily gooogle-able.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back