TechSpot

Backup utilities

By beerabuser30
Nov 8, 2007
  1. Can anyone suggest what they would do for a small office for backup. Less then ten computers total, ran off of one server. I have read about offsite backup plans from companies like backup.com or in house backup using one touch hard drives or even dvds. What would you guys recommend? It is for a law firm, so some things are quite important but it is family owned so money is somewhat of an issue and there is no technical staff so it would need to be simple enough for your average computer user.

2. Char_X

Char_X TS Rookie Posts: 209

A professional solution to backup several PCs or even an office network is Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation.
    This software gives you many opportunities, like backup to a virtual server or FTP, managing backup/restore tasks remotely on other computers and more.
    http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATICW/

3. beerabuser30

beerabuser30 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 294

Have you ever used it before? And if so would you recommend it?

4. Char_X

Yes,i have been using it for a long time with no problem.
    it's very reliable and easy to use software.

5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,942   +167

I use Acronis True Image too. It is a great utility... Much more than just a backup utility

6. Char_X

yes,you are right.
    it has many other helpful features.

7. beerabuser30

beerabuser30 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 294

It says you can backup to a hard drive, remote site or a dvd. What one do you guys think is best but also easiest to automate for a non technical user.

8. Char_X

I would back up it to the external hard drive.It is the most reliable solution i think.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.