Bad image error removal

By RunicBear
Jul 9, 2009
  1. I recently removed a virus from my computer and i've run scans on malwarebytes, ad-aware, McAfee, and spybot s&d, all of which successfully cleaned up the problems they found but there remains an annoying bad image error everytime I start up windows or open a program which always states "(program).exe - Bad Image The application or DLL globalroot\systemroot\system32\SKYNETgixokuhh.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." i've also tried to install super anti spyware but it comes up with a error 1321 and won't let me make a full installation and the program doesn't start when i try to use it, any help with that would also be appreciated.

I have hijackthis and i've attached the latest scan log because its too long to post.
  2. RunicBear

RunicBear TS Rookie Topic Starter

3. RunicBear

4. RunicBear

5. RunicBear

6. RunicBear

sorry for all the bumps as a new member i had to have 5 posts to post a link but here's how i got rid of the error message:

after a little searching I found and used a program called gmer (here's the link to site download it ), I ran it, and it automatically does a short scan and it detected system modification, then just clicked yes and let it scan the whole system it came up with a red highlighted service file along the lines of
    C:\Windows\system32\drivers\SKYNETmxkfaijo.sys (*** hidden *** )
    I deleted that and now i don't get any error messages but I'm fairly sure my computer is still a little messed up since i couldn't manage to delete the other reg type files in the controlset001 registry folder under the name SKYNET, but no more error messages so I hope that helps
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.