Bad Memory, or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

specs1832

quick facts that might help, hmmm, hp d4100e, AMD 3800+, Asus MB, 2 gig of ram, 2 hard drives set up in a raid 0, nvidia 8500gt, 650w Antec PSU. Windows XP

So my PC locked up the other day, shut down abnormally, when I tried to restart it got a ntldr is missing message. Wasn't sure what it was, couldn't find the ntldr on my other PC to attempt to repair after looking online.

Said screw it, I'll just reformat and see if that does anything. Try the recovery disks. Gets to 95% and can not copy any of the windows\i386 files.

Ok, I'll try a clean install, delete my arrays in fastbuild, rebuild them, put recovery disk in, same thing happens. Try to fresh install with a windows xp pro disk (not sure on the f6 thing, I'll try that to check), get an error message, look it up, Microsoft site says it's probably bad RAM (running Windows memory diagnostic as we type).

I hope out there someone is laughing at me for missing something simple, but willing to point it out lol.

Any thoughts/ideas? Thanks.

**Also unable to start in safe mode, and under the repair function of MS-DOS, tried to run chkdsk and get a message of unrecoverable, but I figured that was due to deleting the array.**

Ran the extended windows memory diagnostic, passed, I'm running out of ideas.
Also, hitting F6 didn't do anything, tried spamming it and holding it.

Thanks for the reply, I got it running now, opened the case, saw the the Promise Technology TX2300 and said wth, lets give it a shot. Thankfully I was just missing it's drivers, PC is running, memory is fine, but have two more gb on the way that I ordered when I wasn't sure if what I had was good. Guess I'll have to live with 4GB /sigh lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back