TechSpot

Bad picture - Monitor? Video card?

By thewolfe
Sep 26, 2003
  1. Bad picture - Monitor? Video card?

I have a friend who says her Desktop or any window she opens is graying at the top and the window is getting squashed at the bottom. I know that's not a great deal of info, but here's the kicker.

She has sent me three different screenshots and they look perfect on my computer.

Does that give anyone an idea as to what's going wrong?

2. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 993

Looks like her monitor is about die. Have you asked her to connect to a working monitor? If problem still presist, it may be the video card.

3. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

My bet is on the monitor. ;)

4. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Perhaps it is just some certain resolution/refresh rate setting her monitor doesn't like?

5. thewolfe

thewolfe TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 238

She's had the monitor a computer for over a year w/ no problems.

6. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 993

Have you try out what i have suggested? Sometimes monitor as young as a year might break down.

7. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,977   +15

Sounds like the moniter to me too. Be sure to try what Y&W said, if there is a spare moniter around.

Did she change any settings right before this started? If so its probbly one of the things, mentioned above.

8. BBString

BBString TS Rookie Posts: 20

It's not next to some power pack or something similar is it? If not.... try another monitor!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.