I've got the system:
Intel QuadCore Q9300
AsRock Penryl 1600SLI110dB motherboard
3 WD SATA 2 hard drives
1 Samsung SATA DVDRW 20x
1 LG DVD RW
3GB of cheap DDR 2 memory ar 667Mhz

I've got Windows XP SP3

I've got the memory on other lower system and worked fine but when I've upgraded all hell broke loose.

Eventually I'll upgrade to a dual channel 4GB kit but I want to know for sure that this is the problem.

I've got 30 minidump files at least, I've debugged some of them, I'll attach them.

Please help me guys, I don't want to spend money in vane.

Attachments

• blue_screens.txt
    60.9 KB · Views: 8
I'd say it's a Memtest day (or night). It must be run for 7 Passes (which will take around 4 Hours + )

Also Xp will not see 4Gig, and not only that, it's too much anyway (for Xp)

No, its not your motherboard. All four of your minidumps are C2 errors where a kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.

Over and over your minidumps read various modules were started but symbols could not bel oaded for a slew of your processes.

Three of your four minidumps cited a347bus.sys. Do your have Alcohol 120% installed? This driver is a plug and play BIOS extension and it is noted for causing conflicts.

Refer to this link: http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/a347bus.sys.html

* If you have corrupted memory as kimsland suspects then there is little wonder you are having so many BSODs. It will wreack havoc.

* kimsland is also very correct in that XP will not utilize 4 gigs of RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back