Barely fixed my computer to not have to be in safe mode need more help

Enlonwhite

Hello recently I have had to disable all services expect for a few I know I need to run my mouse a a few programs so that I do not get frozen screen of doom or a blue one, (usually a memory dump type). I have fixed most issue but still get some. For example I had to uninstall my Steam game client since even disabled as a service it tried to update and would crash my computer, I uninstalled it and reinstalled to see if that would help, during the install it finishes then attempts to update the installed steam without being about to stop it. Then the computer freezed and/or blue screens and crashes, mostly just the freeze of doom.

When my wife just got a ipod the other day she installed Itunes to the computer, problem is if she tries to burn music to her ipod NOT in safe mode the computer freezes and stops working. If some of the songs are attempted to be played on the computer, it freezes.

Event log says something about a not working service, I figure I would describe the events post some spec of my computer and see if some one whats to offer some help.

Other oddies of my computer over the last 2 years, (these I dont care too much about right now)
Speakers do not work, but head phones are fine to use (says there not connected, its a laptop! of course they are! built in)
I have one weird driver crash for Minecraft and only that game but other Higher needing games work fine. Tried to find if its a MC issue its not its my computer just not sure how to fix it.

Used to have Bit defender, but the resent crashes forced me to uninstall it since it was having a startup issue driver crash. Using another virus scanner now.

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit operating system
ASUS Notebook G60 series
Nvidia Geforce GTS360M (drives updated just a few days ago now)
Intel i5 core processors 2.27GHz speeds on all of them ( I see four of them in the task manager)
3 GB ram
1GB on board video ram

Just ask me what else you need and I will do what I can to provide it, I am not in too much of a hurry and will only be fixing it as I can with my time. about once every 3 to 4 days I can login to check this thread.

Any thoughts are appreciated, will be running virus/other scans and overheat check programs/ faulty ram ones.

"will be running virus/other scans and overheat check programs/ faulty ram ones" When you get these texts done. Tell us the results...

OK ran all sorts of anti viruses, spyware searches and what not, nothing ablsolutely nothing.
Its not faulty ram, havent run overhear checks yet, but unlikely that the case.
Found a connection to a friend who used to do computer tech support. He looked at the computer and did the same scan I did plus some. Result he says either OS or service registry corruption and recommends a full restore from recovery disk or a wipe and reinstall.

I believe this is what I should do. Any other ideas

Back