battle.net and firewalls

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudewithoutacau

ok this is the deal. i just got into college and I am unable to play starcraft on battle.net. my browser doesnt have anything entered on the proxy section, but i know there is a content filter so there has to be some kind of proxy. port 6112 is not available which is what battle.net connects to

my question is does anyone know how to use http tunneling i downloaded http port and win proxy and a few others but I dont know what to do with them does anyone know what to do?

I think the admin there would have to open port 6112 on the router in order for you to play SC.

Originally posted by XtR-X
I think the admin there would have to open port 6112 on the router in order for you to play SC.

Thats exactly what the admin does have to do

now about tunneling, theres a program for wc3 called Battle.LAN . You might wanna check if you can use that for SC too. You host a game, enter your ppls IPs that wanna join, and it tunnels the game.

i was under the impression that the port tunneling would allow all of my ports to be opened up.

ok lets see from what i gathered the tunnel is a connection between my computer and the schools proxy to an outside proxy which will send information received on any port to ports that I specify correct?

i dont see y ur school would block ur acess to port 6112
unless its a real problem in terms of not studying and not going to school, and not eating and not showering

my friend dorms at UH Manoa and he can log onto bnet, maybe move to hawaii?

LOL
:)

i dont know why they do so. it is a religious college maybe they dont want people playing violent games online/

but does anyone know how to get around it? without moving

Originally posted by XtR-X

Exactly and most definately this.

Try installing SC on other comps at where u are and see if it's the same error. Maybe then we can analyze it.

Then I'm sorry bro, you must talk with the network administrator on campus or find someone who can do it.

All you have to do is say: "Can you open up port 6112 on the router up and down for all types of connections?"

See if they'll do it.

that (what xtr said) or get a version of Battle.LAN that works for starcraft, so you can your friends can play online via tunnel :)

i dont know how to solve ur problem but i have the same problem people cant join my hosted games

it says i have to open port 6112 does any1 know how to do that

im not using a router and i dont have a fire wall all i have is a modem and it still wont work

dudewithoutacau: A tunnel is exactly what Battle.LAN does ;) It makes a tunnel to the IP Address's you typed in. If you want your friend to join the game, [make sure port 6112 is open and Windows XP Firewall is disabled] get him to give you his IP address via going to www.whatsmyipaddress.com. If he/she is behind a router, we dont want the internal [size=1]192.168.xxx.xxx[/size] Ip address, we want the external. www.whatsmyipaddress.com will show you/him the external Ip.

xXxblood_boyxXx: Sounds to me like your Windows XP Firewall is turned on. It is by deafult, so if you havnt turned it off, that would certainly block your friends trying to join your games. To turn it off follow these steps:

(1) Start Menu
(2) Settings
(3) Network Connections
(4) Right click>Properties whatever icon is there, excluding icons listed under "Wizard" [size=1][there should be two under 'Wizard'[/size]
(5) *window should pop up* Click on the "Advanced" tab, and uncheck the firewall box.

Hopefully you wont get lost on step 4, I tryed to make it as n00b compat. as possible ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back