Battlefield 2 crashes on me

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseM

Hey everybody, just got a brand new computer and installed BF2 and when playing online it crashes on me every time I am in the middle of a game. I'll just be playing and then before I know whats going on all I can see is my desktop. Any ideas how to fix it?

Right when BF2 exits and I see my desktop my [new] monitor says "DIGITAL" in the top-right of the screen.

Does anybody know how I can fix this? It's getting to the point where I'm not playing it very much anymore.

Is the game patched? There are incremental patches available but the Full 1.41 patch would probably be best.

I'll try the patch. I read your guide, N3051M, it was a very good guide but I'm pretty sure it didn't cover my problem unless I need to update some drivers. I'll update as soon as I install the 1.41 patch.

It better be worth it - it's 536MB.

Great. Now BF2 won't run at all. I'll click to run it and the screen turns black as if it was about to start, but then it just closes before anything else happens. Any ideas before I reinstall BF2?

i'd say try and reinstall it for the sake of it.. it could be that some settings gone weird or some sorts.

Either that or some program is blocking the game from running?

Download the latest drivers for your card and install the latest patch for Battlefield 2. BF2 was crashing on me alot until i got the latest patches installed.

Can you post your power supply details also?

To get past the black screen: Go to My Documents open the Battlefield 2 folder, open the Profile folder and delete everything thats inside it. You will use your control and video settings but you can always re-enter them.

I'll try that when I get home. I'll also try to post some details on my new computer's power supply even though I know nothing about power supplys.

Alright, I got BF2 to work! Thanks you guys for all your help. I just re-installed BF2 and installed the patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back