TechSpot

Battlefield 2 Installation Problem

By Mr_Green_Monkey
Aug 12, 2006
  1. Just got the game after playing the demo for about 6+ hrs :p, put it in my dvd drive and it loaded up all fine
    i chose the language and clicked "install" on the BF2 Autoload screen and....nothing happens

ive tried manually opening the "Setup.exe" but when i do it comes up with the error: "set8F.tmp has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
    (the number is different each time)

ive also tried copying all the files onto my computer but when i do that, halfway through the copying process i get the error: "Cannot copy xpackSwedish_autorun: Cannot read from source file or disk"

i think i might have a faulty copy but it could just be my disc drive or something, i need a second opinion, can anyone help?
    I really dont want to send it back or i wont see it again for about 2 weeks :'(

thanks

2. #Curtis

#Curtis TS Rookie Posts: 81

If youve got another computer, or a friends computer try installing on that, it is often a good way to rule out a faulty disk.

3. Mr_Green_Monkey

Mr_Green_Monkey TS Rookie Topic Starter

hmmm ok ill try it out
    looks like im gonna have to do some traveling with my copy of BF2 :p
    bit worried if it works on their comp tho.

4. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,851

Does the drive have any difficulity reading other CD/DVDs?

5. Mr_Green_Monkey

Mr_Green_Monkey TS Rookie Topic Starter

nope, never had a problem with it before. i think im just going to exchange it and see what happens. thanks though.

6. Negative_Pulse

Negative_Pulse TS Rookie Posts: 19

Possibly a conflict with files left over from the Demo version? I would try and scrub your PC clean of ANY bf2 files/regestry entries and then try to install. I know first hand uninstalling bf2 is not enough, the game leaves bit and pieces of it scattered all over your PC.

7. Face of LA

Face of LA TS Rookie Posts: 186

Do WHat curtis told u Asap, if it worked on another ones computer,then Format ur ****,

one

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.