Battlefield 2 - Installation Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabter

Hey,

I have recently bought Battlefield 2. Before doing this, I had *tried* to install the Battlefield 2 demo off the EA games website, where I run into the same problem:

After I insert Disc 1, I choose my language, click Install. I get the first welcome screen "The InstallShield Wizard will install Battlefield 2 on your computer. To continue, click next." I click next. I enter my registration key. I click next. This is where something goes wrong:

The next screen that shows up says:

"InstallShield Wizard Complete"
"The Wizard was interrupted before Battlefield 2 could be completely installed."
"Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run the setup again."
"Click Finish to exit the setup wizard"

Every time I try at a "later time" i.e after rebooting, the same problem occurs.

I have tried a few things suggested by EA, such as closing background applications and processes, and yes, I AM on an administrative account ;)
It could be a virus, but I can't really be sure - I have run Ad-Aware SE, Spybot, Norton Anti-virus, and AVG, so I think my computer is clean...

Here are my computer specs:

CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4, 2.8GHz
Video Card: Radeon 9600 Series (128 MB), Radeon 9600 Series - Secondary (128 MB)
Motherboard: Asus P4P800
Chipset: Intel 865PE Chipset
System Memory: 1024 MB (PC3200 DDR RAM)

120GB of memory.

Remember that the exact same problem happened on the Demo version of BF2 and the full game, which shows that it's not a problem with the CD's.

Hopefully my long thread hasn't scared away too many potential helpers :blackeye:

Please help,

Thank You

I had a problem like that before, i installed Star Wars: Battlegrounds and it messed up in the install. After that it would do what you explained.

After a good bit of searching i found the registry entry's that it had created and deleted them. After that it worked fine. I belive that you might have a similar situation.

Becareful though as deleting registry entry's can be dangerous. :(

Thanks for the replies! I have already tried Manual Installation, to no avail. As for this registry entry that you're talking about, HIM_Valo, was it caused by a virus corrupting registry entries, or did you simply delete registry entries made by the Star Wars program? I'll check whether BF2 has created any entries, but I wouldn't think so because I have never succesfully gone beyond that step...

Anyways, thanks for the help. :cool:

What happened is that at one point it started to install then quit and gave me the screen that install shield cannot complete the instalation at this time please try again. When i would try again it would just keep doing what yours does.

I think that when you tried installing the demo before you bought the game, that it made a registry key that wont allow BF2-Retail to install. So if you seach you registy for EA or BF2 entries and there are some, then you might try deleting them, then re-boot, and finally try installing BF2-Retail.

If that does not work then Im sorry, I dont know. Id then have to leave it to someone above what i know. Good Luck! :)

Ugh. Didn't find anything pertaining to Battlefield 2 in the registry keys... Guess I'm back where I'm started. Anyone else have any ideas? :(

this may help gaber

i've just had the same problem and after an hour or so i changed the damn cd from my dvd rom to my cd rom and it worked fine hahahahaahah.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
it was as uber as that....
give that a shot you may be strangely amazed at the out-come

good luck

Bf2

hey yea my problem is close to to what this is about when ever i get the the part when it starts to dl it gets to the same spot every time and says BF2 has failed to install plz try again from the beging. anybody wana help me on this one?

I am having a problem installing the BF2 demo. I click the setup icon and it begins to install; the install screen pops up and then in the bottom right the Install Shield bar appears and loads all the way. Then everything disappears and nothing further happens! Please help me, I have no idea what is going on! My system specs are:

2.8ghz
1024mb
radeon x850pro
160gb

ARGH im having the same problems now!!

i used to play this game as ive had it since release but due to different versions running really poorly and only the demo and i think 1.1 ran smooth i gave up and deleted it, now i want to reinstall and try to see if the latest updates make it run any better but every time i try and install the installation programme begins to load up the disappears and nothing happens. Before that i used to get an installshield error and i couldn't even get to click on install. I remember it happening once before and i got round it somehow but i cant remember what i did now :(

On a side note when i look in add/remove programmes there's still battlefield 2 files listed although ive checked all the directories and there's nothing there and i cant remove it from the list!!

any help would be appreciated as EA are likely to be useless.

just a quick side note, whilst manually searching for anything battlefield2 related i found i hidden folder in programme files called "InstallShield Installation Information" its probly got information from the previous install in there, do you think its safe to delete it if so, theres quite a few sub folders inside which are related to anything thats ever been installed before, dunno if its important or not??

good news!! :grinthumb i deleted all the old installshield and tried to install and it worked straight away with no probs, and then to top it off it actually runs smooth again!!! i think it was down to my page file adjustments that has finally put an end to jerky gameplay. I knew it wasnt the graphics as i have an x800xt. But hey its working now and im so happy!! :p

OMG BF2 please help

When I got my new computer yesterday I was happy and what not. I installed bf2 but to my disadvantage it did not start up. The first thing that came up was a a like warniong sighn sayong that this game has only ben tested on windows Xp so that is the reason why it will not boot up. please repond to my eamil i have a beter chance of reaching it thank u

help

hi i used to be a frequent bf2 user but i had a few problems and i uninstalled the game. Every time i try to install it again it gets about past every thing and starts to install and then says error and to try again from the beginning. can anyone help me. PLEASE!

ryan

You may also want to try download XP Service Pack 2 from the microsoft website which is free, that could also be causing the problem, i know that i did work for someone esle i know

Try This

Go to start>>run and type:
msiexec /unreg
Press Ok

Go to start>>run and type:
msiexec /regserver
Press Ok

Insert Battlefield 2 CD into the CD drive.

It worked for me, tell me if it does for you to.

just a quick side note, whilst manually searching for anything battlefield2 related i found i hidden folder in programme files called "InstallShield Installation Information" its probly got information from the previous install in there, do you think its safe to delete it if so, theres quite a few sub folders inside which are related to anything thats ever been installed before, dunno if its important or not??

Hey lagass, I have the same problem but i can't find the Installshield info file anywhere. Where did you find it at?

Thanks

battlefield 2 installation

i jus tried to install battlefield 2 and during the installation it comes up LaunchAppEx failed with D:\installers\BF2\setup.exe
Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back