hi everybody, i hope you can help me i just built a new computer

amd 3000+
ati redion x800gt
vnf4 ultra mobo
480watt tagan psu
nec drd rw dl
collormaster case
2gb of ocz ram

the problem is the game works on a regular single playergame, but when i got on to mutlyplaer the game eather freezes right away or freezes when im 10 minuters in the games, im not over heating i have 2 case fans and i naver go above 40 celcous on the prosser and 35 on the case. but i dont know about the viedo card temp but i dont think that woulb be the problem, the psu is a 480 tagan psu which whould be enouph;. im puzzled and mad i relly wana play. thannks for all of your help

Is this the demo or full-retail version of the game?

If it's the full-retail version of the game, I'd recommend first getting a blank, formatted floppy handy then downloading memtest86 at:
http://www.memtest86.com

I'd let this run for at least a full pass of it's tests as even fairly solid memory can have problems with settings/timings to trigger freezes in BF2.

thank you ashark food ill have to burn an iso because i didnt bather to geta flopy it is the retail verzion i was thinknig about the ram for a while, ill run the test, thanks for your help

I think there's a issue between bf2 and the nvidia motherboard drivers, try newer drivers like the 6.66, or 6.70 and see if either helps.

if my ram passes that what ill do im poasting from my old pc how do you know what driver u have?

also why would it only crash when playing multyplaer and not single that confuses me?///

Multiplayer, even on 16/32 player servers will gobble up >1.2 gig of memory resources (between your RAM and disk/virtual memory)... whereas single player/local is substantially less. It would stand to reason bad, flakey or overly aggressively timed memory would rear itself by playing BF2 online.

I've had several systems that are 100% stable in every other game, but freeze or lockup only when playing BF2 online with 32 or 64 player maps. It's always been flakey or improperly BIOS timed memory issues. If memtest86 can go an entire pass, I'd say the memory is good. Tests 5 and 8 I'll sometimes run 2-3 times manually afterward too as these two tests seem the best at shaking out flakey memory. If they check out okay, I'll then start relaxing settings in the BIOS- such as forcing less aggressive memory timings (increasing CAS or other settings) in hopes of finding BF2 stability.

Good luck!

ok it passed mem test noce and and it passed im gonna let it go like another 8 hours while i sleep and if it passes ill see what to do, this ram is rated at 232 and its at like 2367 one reasing says and 2.5 bios says sp ill see

ive been surching the internet on google and i tihnk i might give the ram a bumb of voltage like 2.6 to 2.7 that shoudent be a problwem right, ive reasd about people getting the rau p to 2.8 so ill see if it paseeses ill post back tommrow

well memtest passed 15 passes no errors so my next step is fixing my boads drivers as vnf4 says and if that doesnt work then ill ajust the voltage and timings thanks for your help keep the seggestings commpnig

problem sloved, vnf4 was right as ussuall the driver was conflicking so i got 6.70 and worked, thanks sharkfood for the suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back