Battlefield 4 multiplayer beta opens October 1

Shawn Knight

Staff member

It’s been known for over a year that a multiplayer beta of Battlefield 4 would debut before the game’s public launch. The game is slated for release on October 29 and now thanks to a recent post from EA’s Peter Moore, we know the multiplayer beta will debut on October 1.

What’s more, the beta will be available for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Next generation console hopefuls are out of luck for obvious reasons: the game is launching on other platforms before the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are scheduled to hit stores. EA, however, envisions players buying the game for current generation consoles to learn the maps and whatnot before transitioning to next generation systems once they become available.

battlefield beta ea battlefield 4

Based on information mined from the game’s official FAQ, beta participants will be able to battle it out using Conquest mode on the Siege of Shanghai map.

Those interested in gaining beta access can do so through a few different methods. One way requires users to pre-order Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Edition on Origin. Also, Battlefield 3 Premium members will gain access and finally, registered owners of Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition or Digital Deluxe Edition are being allowed in.

Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Edition currently sells for $69.99 on Origin. In addition to beta access, the pre-order also includes the China Rising DLC and three gold battlepacks (a bundle of extra items, weapons and the like).

Permalink to story.

"Sounds great... a bit of a steep price though."
If you plan on buying premium, like me, don't bother with the deluxe edition as you get all of that stuff in premium. Just but the standard edition. I wish EA would just release a premium edition of the game for about $80 instead of $50 for the game and $50 for premium. I'm sure they will release a premium edition around April when sales slum and will only charge about $60 for it. I'm going to get screwed and I don't care. I want this game so badly.

Wasn't the release date changed to November the 1st/2nd?
I think that is the release for Europe.

Sounds great... a bit of a steep price though.
$60 is normal nowadays.

"Sounds great... a bit of a steep price though."
If you plan on buying premium, like me, don't bother with the deluxe edition as you get all of that stuff in premium. Just but the standard edition. I wish EA would just release a premium edition of the game for about $80 instead of $50 for the game and $50 for premium. I'm sure they will release a premium edition around April when sales slum and will only charge about $60 for it. I'm going to get screwed and I don't care. I want this game so badly.
They know this game is gonna be so popular so they arent gonna do any discounts. But yeah, I wish they had a premium edition for $80, but that wont happen. Also, the deluxe doesnt get you all the premium stuff. You get more battlebacks from getting premium.

Game will be amazing! can't wait.

I hope it won't be a let down but from the looks of it, its going to be the bomb (the touch device support will be great, especially when you are away from the machine for few minutes doing some cooking or taking a s!#$ ^^

Here are some Hardware requirements from the Alpha of BF4.

LL

LL

So you have to Pre-order BF4 to get beta access? No thanks I don't pre-order games, that's like buying a car you never test drove, or marrying a woman you didnt move in with to see how she really is.

Or you have to be a BF3 premimum member? Really? So because I didn't like all the DLC's and didn't want to waste my money on premium I don't get beta access?

Or own a Medal of Honor game that never really interested me?

Eff you EA.... I think I'll wait until this game is in the $10 bin on crapOrigin

So you have to Pre-order BF4 to get beta access? No thanks I don't pre-order games, that's like buying a car you never test drove, or marrying a woman you didnt move in with to see how she really is.

Or you have to be a BF3 premimum member? Really? So because I didn't like all the DLC's and didn't want to waste my money on premium I don't get beta access?

Eff you EA.... I think I'll wait until this game is in the $10 bin on crapOrigin

Lol Premium was a good deal. The DLCs werent that bad. Plus, if you preorder, you get the first DLC free.

I hope it won't be a let down but from the looks of it, its going to be the bomb (the touch device support will be great, especially when you are away from the machine for few minutes doing some cooking or taking a s!#$ ^^

Here are some Hardware requirements from the Alpha of BF4.

LL

LL

The game is a lot more optimized by now I am guessing.

PC is the only platform to play this on unless you want to pay twice for the dumbed down version on current consoles and so called next gen.

I don't know, Jackfrags says he played the XBOX or PS4 (can't remember, just remember it was a dev kit) version and said it was noticeably better at 60fps. And they get 64 players. He compared the graphics to what Medium would be on PC. That's impressive, admit it. The better the consoles get, the better computer hardware has to get. Don't hate.

LOL relax. The "special" people get it for 3 days before it goes public.

The only DLC that I hated was close quarters because it felt like call of duty (which sometimes that was a nice change of pace but I'm talking RARELY). I snagged the MoH game a few weeks ago for $5 on Amazon so I have BF3 premium and MoH as well as a preorder. Can I give away one of my 3 early access beta codes?

But my mommy told me I was special... :(

The only DLC that I hated was close quarters
Let me clarify though: the weapons released with close quarters made it worth it. I've gotten banned from servers because...and I quote..."You were banned from this server for 'headshot ratio too high for AUG'". The admin looked into my stats and saw how many headshots I had with the gun compared to my total kills and banned me. I messaged him and he let me back into the server with my friends but I thought that was hilarious. The JNG Intervention is my favorite sniper rifle in the game and the ACW-R is my favorite engi weapon besides the G36-C.
God...talking about this game is really making me anxious to play BF4.

The exclusive beta for BF3 gave us Caspian Border.

Let me clarify though: the weapons released with close quarters made it worth it. I've gotten banned from servers because...and I quote..."You were banned from this server for 'headshot ratio too high for AUG'". The admin looked into my stats and saw how many headshots I had with the gun compared to my total kills and banned me. I messaged him and he let me back into the server with my friends but I thought that was hilarious. The JNG Intervention is my favorite sniper rifle in the game and the ACW-R is my favorite engi weapon besides the G36-C.
God...talking about this game is really making me anxious to play BF4.

The JNG and AUG definitely made it worth it xD.

Back