Battlefield 4 multiplayer beta opens October 1

By Shawn Knight
Sep 16, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. It’s been known for over a year that a multiplayer beta of Battlefield 4 would debut before the game’s public launch. The game is slated for release on October 29 and now thanks to a recent post from EA’s Peter...

Read more
  2. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 961   +98

Wasn't the release date changed to November the 1st/2nd?
  3. Gareis

Gareis TechSpot Member Posts: 73   +14

Sounds great... a bit of a steep price though.
  4. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TechSpot Booster Posts: 363   +86

"Sounds great... a bit of a steep price though."
    If you plan on buying premium, like me, don't bother with the deluxe edition as you get all of that stuff in premium. Just but the standard edition. I wish EA would just release a premium edition of the game for about $80 instead of $50 for the game and $50 for premium. I'm sure they will release a premium edition around April when sales slum and will only charge about $60 for it. I'm going to get screwed and I don't care. I want this game so badly.
  5. jephthah

jephthah Newcomer, in training

Ok, its a good ideal,.....everything today must have future ...//so that next G want be a problem...eh
  6. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,797   +882

I think that is the release for Europe.

$60 is normal nowadays.

They know this game is gonna be so popular so they arent gonna do any discounts. But yeah, I wish they had a premium edition for $80, but that wont happen. Also, the deluxe doesnt get you all the premium stuff. You get more battlebacks from getting premium.
  7. soldier1969

soldier1969 TechSpot Booster Posts: 244   +43

PC is the only platform to play this on unless you want to pay twice for the dumbed down version on current consoles and so called next gen.
    JC713 and H3llion like this.
  8. j05hh

j05hh Newcomer, in training Posts: 95   +15

Game will be amazing! can't wait.
  9. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 961   +98

I hope it won't be a let down but from the looks of it, its going to be the bomb (the touch device support will be great, especially when you are away from the machine for few minutes doing some cooking or taking a s!#$ ^^

Here are some Hardware requirements from the Alpha of BF4.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 389   +35

So you have to Pre-order BF4 to get beta access? No thanks I don't pre-order games, that's like buying a car you never test drove, or marrying a woman you didnt move in with to see how she really is.

Or you have to be a BF3 premimum member? Really? So because I didn't like all the DLC's and didn't want to waste my money on premium I don't get beta access?

Or own a Medal of Honor game that never really interested me?

Eff you EA.... I think I'll wait until this game is in the $10 bin on crapOrigin
  11. JC713

Lol Premium was a good deal. The DLCs werent that bad. Plus, if you preorder, you get the first DLC free.

The game is a lot more optimized by now I am guessing.

12. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 956   +96

I don't know, Jackfrags says he played the XBOX or PS4 (can't remember, just remember it was a dev kit) version and said it was noticeably better at 60fps. And they get 64 players. He compared the graphics to what Medium would be on PC. That's impressive, admit it. The better the consoles get, the better computer hardware has to get. Don't hate.
  13. hahahanoobs

I still need to pre-order the digital deluxe version. :|
  14. hahahanoobs

LOL relax. The "special" people get it for 3 days before it goes public.
  15. ghasmanjr

The only DLC that I hated was close quarters because it felt like call of duty (which sometimes that was a nice change of pace but I'm talking RARELY). I snagged the MoH game a few weeks ago for $5 on Amazon so I have BF3 premium and MoH as well as a preorder. Can I give away one of my 3 early access beta codes?

But my mommy told me I was special... :(
  16. ghasmanjr

Let me clarify though: the weapons released with close quarters made it worth it. I've gotten banned from servers because...and I quote..."You were banned from this server for 'headshot ratio too high for AUG'". The admin looked into my stats and saw how many headshots I had with the gun compared to my total kills and banned me. I messaged him and he let me back into the server with my friends but I thought that was hilarious. The JNG Intervention is my favorite sniper rifle in the game and the ACW-R is my favorite engi weapon besides the G36-C.
    God...talking about this game is really making me anxious to play BF4.
  17. JC713

The exclusive beta for BF3 gave us Caspian Border.

The JNG and AUG definitely made it worth it xD.
  18. hahahanoobs

Caspian Border was exclusive to PC, but it was open to all PC players for a couple days near the end of the beta for server tests with 64 players.
  19. JC713

I had a friend who was in the pre open beta trial with Caspian.
  20. hahahanoobs

Gotcha.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.