'Battlefield Hardline' will shift the narrative to the war on crime this fall

By Shawn Knight
May 28, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The next installment in the Battlefield franchise will be hitting the streets this fall - quite literally. Battlefield Hardline will steer the narrative away from modern warfare, instead focusing on the war on crime and the battle between cops and...

Read more
  2. RebelFlag

RebelFlag TS Addict Posts: 134   +66

Hopefully this will be cool, kind of like what Call of Juarez the Cartel should have been instead of the complete crap it turned out to be.
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,550   +594

Maybe they should consider fixing Battlefield 4 first? ;)
  4. fl21289

fl21289 TS Booster Posts: 57   +37

Wack.... they should stay to what Battlefield truly is. Leave this to Rainbow Six.
    stewi0001 likes this.
  5. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

I would be all over this, but after BF4, I dont know if I want to invest in another Battlefield game sadly. Yesterday they introduced microtransactions into the game, that really made me not want to buy another BF game. EA ruined DICE and Battlefield. Maybe Visceral games can turn the franchise around. We will have to see.
    Skidmarksdeluxe and H3llion like this.
  6. GhostRyder

GhostRyder You know, that one guy with the PC Posts: 2,189   +589

Interesting, I may like this new idea in the Battlefield world.
    ikesmasher likes this.
  7. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,600   +411

8. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,526   +829

It has the potential to be terrible or to be awesome. Either way its refreshing.
  9. veLa

veLa TS Evangelist Posts: 699   +164

I shan't be buying this one.
  10. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,248   +220

Small potential is there, id love to play something modern similar to Cops N Robbers in GTA:SAMP.
  11. Alpha Gamer

Alpha Gamer TS Guru Posts: 329   +92

Battlefield 3 is free right now on Origin
  12. bangs777

bangs777 TS Member Posts: 32

This sounds interesting..
  13. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,339   +1,938

And I'd be all over this (after patching and it goes on sale of course) if EA had nothing to do with it.
  14. Guy Gagnon

Guy Gagnon TS Rookie

One thing that would be really cool is if they started introducing in game a tertiary team. This whole Team A versus Team B stuff gets static pretty quick, people from the Battlefield franchise are obsessed with overloading servers with Chokepoints and spamming ordinance and bullets without having to move around or think... Having team C bust in through a roof and slaughter both these bodies would be satisfying. Example: Metro or Locker... GRINDERS suck!
    Also, if the theme is cops and robbers I'd like to join Civilians and run around frantically screaming in the MIC in a high pitched voice... the end :p
  15. Spykezxp

Spykezxp TS Addict Posts: 287   +73

Agree that this could be either an awesome game or totally "flop" out. In my opinion, this game could have potential. Hopefully Visceral does it right the first time and not release a game just to get it out there (especially if it still has major flaws / bugs).
  16. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

If they were going to do that, they would have done so before they sold the game.
  17. Sounds like counterstrike

IAMTHESTIG TS Evangelist Posts: 906   +242

Sounds like a fail... first off fighting criminals in metropolitan areas isn't a "Battlefield" (at least one would hope not). They should create a new game for this and leave Battlefield alone. What will happen with jets, attack helicopters, tanks, etc.? They have no place in a crime fighting type of game. And it's those aircraft and ground vehicles that is half of what makes Battlefield, well, Battlefield. Myself and many others I'm sure are huge fans of what is currently known as Battlefield, and we would like it to stay this way. You take out the vehicles and conquest mode, and you destroy a perfectly successful game model. It is what made the franchise what it is and to strip the best elements out of it is an invitation for failure.