Belkin Nostromo n50 speed pad and fps games.. Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arris

Just received one of these in the post today and thought I had messed up the driver/software installation at first as I had set up a profile for counter strike and was getting some strange responses from the speedpad. Pressing "walk" (defined as far left bottom row of keys, #06) in conjunction with forward and strafe left (default #03 and #07) resulted in my weapon quick changing (press of #02). Checked out what Belkin had on their site about this:

Q: When I push a combination of keys Like 1, 2, and 6, a fourth key activates or displays in the editor, how can I fix this?
A: If it is required for you hold down more than one button do a special move in the game, you can program one of your keys on the keypad to do a Macro Command so that instead of holding those buttons down you only have to push one. We are currently looking into a fix and when it becomes available, we will post the information about it on our FAQ.

So what they want is for me to have a set of walking buttons and a set of normal movement buttons???? I thought that such a simple flaw with their product would have been spotted. Even in their profile editor for assigning keys it highlights the keys you have pressed plus the erroneous one which is being activated...
Saying that this controller is very comfortable and I would like to keep it. I'm just wondering if any n50 users out there have a fix for this silly flaw???

Thanks in advance for any info/replies ;)

I think I have worked out a temporary fix to my control system problem...

1169.jpg

I've set the forward and back buttons on this to do walk and crouch so I will no longer have to press more than two buttons on the n50, I'll have to see how this goes but it should give me something to try out and just keep my fingers crossed for Belkin to come up with a proper fix for the n50!

Solution part 2:
tacticalboard_product.gif

4 direction keys.
7 thumb keys

9 quick action keys.

22 advanced features keys.

1 escape button

3 adjustable zones: thumb, wrist pad, top keys.

Chatterbox to communicate with players and to command the games.

Removable wrist pad.

1 command key to order units with the chatterbox

No multiple button pressing problems and a plethora of keys. Probably stick with this over the speedpad...

Map a shift key - #6 - and make the movement keys, under that shift key, be walk in that direction. Wouldn't that help?

I have an n50 but haven't tried using a 'Walk' button - just shift keys.

Originally posted by Vehementi
Map a shift key - #6 - and make the movement keys, under that shift key, be walk in that direction. Wouldn't that help?

I have an n50 but haven't tried using a 'Walk' button - just shift keys.

Are you suggesting something along the lines of "you can program one of your keys on the keypad to do a Macro Command so that instead of holding those buttons down you only have to push one."

If not can you explain what you meant?

I think I'll stick with the thrustmaster though. Not quite as comfortable initially as the n50, but a lot more buttons which is useful since the main online game I play is counterstrike.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, just map a shift key and have the movement keys be a Macro. I.e. if the walk button is shift, button #3 would be shift+w, #8 would be shift+s, etc. You would need to hold down the shift key and hold down the movement key to walk in whatever direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back